+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: kevs after match comments

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    That's one step away from only bedwetters will disagree with me. What has Nolan built exactly? Who, in the current side, would you think we could keep and develop into a League One standard player? Just one name will do.
    sirlesbradd makes a good point. Nolan has definitely got much more out of the likes of Hewitt, Stead, Tootle and Dickinson, and you could argue he has improved Duffy from what he was before (albeit he's still a weak link). He's also done pretty well on the recruitment front, with Shola, Brisley, Jones, Grant and (the departed) Yates all representing an improvement on what we've had before. The only criticism I'd make of Nolan recruitment-wise is that he had to bring in his share of "ones for the future" who never are, although this has happened so often with so many different managers that I begin to wonder if it's club policy!

I don't know about the "only bedwetters would disagree with me comment", but I would say that even if you do have your doubts about Nolan, it's much, much too early to be even thinking about translating those into calls for his head. The facts are he took us over in dire relegation trouble and just over a year later we're play-off contenders at least. That has to constitute good management by any measure, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by sirlesbradd View Post
    just watched his thoughts of the game on Facebook live. I thought the interview was spot on. 7 big games to go
    Same crap every game. its like a recording..

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Behave , time to get behind the team if you are a REAL Notts fan. It’s now they need us, all other bed wetters need not apply.

I dont suppose you went to the game today. But for your information we did get get behind the team and they didnt respond. Infact they didnt look bothered. Nolan stood the whole match with his hand in his pockets and looked clueless. Some testimement for the next England manager. We have another crap manager who doesnt know what to do when things are not going our way, other than make like for like substituitions .. Clueless

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Infact they didnt look bothered.
    That's not surprising. As you were at the game you probably haven't seen KN's pre-match interview on Sky. He was so relaxed he was almost falling over backwards. He said that we were doing far better than we had expected to at the beginning of the season. He said the teams around us were doing only what they were expected to do, but we had been over-performing. He said he'd told the lads that therefore they shouldn't feel pressured... they should just go out and enjoy themselves. At that point I knew what was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The dire transfer window has done for us. Losing Yates, not getting strikers A B and C, signing Virtue and Husin, signing an injury prone striker who then got injured and also losing Jorge Grant and replacing him with his crap twin brother is a lot for any promotion push to take.

Nolan’s insistence on playing Dickinson and nailing Forte’s arse to the subs bench when our strike force is old and past it isn’t helping either. A lot to learn for next season.
    In every football~related subject, Chubby, you talk a lot of common sense....I am starting to like you.

Everything in your statement is the exact reason why we are starting to look one~dimensional and strictly mid~table.

I am pleased we have a new enthusiastic owner, and a new up~n~coming manager.....I am NOT happy that we promised so much this season with a great start, but are rapidly fizzling out into a nearly~nearly season.

Fitz sat on the bench...ooops
    Jones sat on the bench....ooops
    Forte permanently sat on the bench....oooops multiplied
    A new striker......sat on the bench somewhere else......expensive ooops if we fail to reach the play~offs

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The dire transfer window has done for us. Losing Yates, not getting strikers A B and C, signing Virtue and Husin, signing an injury prone striker who then got injured and also losing Jorge Grant and replacing him with his crap twin brother is a lot for any promotion push to take.

Nolan’s insistence on playing Dickinson and nailing Forte’s arse to the subs bench when our strike force is old and past it isn’t helping either. A lot to learn for next season.
    I absolutely agree. In my opinion, if we fail to get promoted this season it will be down to the following turning points:

- Losing Yates and not replacing him
    - Experimenting with 4-5-1 in January
    - Bennet's injury
    - The last-minute penalties against promotion rivals Exeter and Mansfield

If we had kept/replaced Yates, Bennet had stayed fit, and we hadn't blown up in those two big games, I see no reason why we wouldn't be sitting in automatic still. We all said at the time how crucial January would be and we ended the window weaker than before - unforgivable in a promotion campaign, really.

It's mad to think we've spent the whole season persisting with two old, slow forwards. It's no wonder we're playing long ball! That approach is killing us, and personally I would start Forte next game or at least bring him off the bench to mix it up a bit. Just to give defenders something to think about. We simply must start next season with some fresh options up front (and no, not Callum Saunders).
    Last edited by slack_pie; 26-03-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Well no one forces you to read it or post on here, surely you don't expect people to be doing cartwheels over losing to a team second bottom.
    See what I mean, more Toys out of the Perambulator.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I've still got faith in Nolan. He wanted to change things up in January but it backfired with the injury to Bennett and a bunch of midfielders who couldn't find their form.
    One weakness I hope he overcomes is being impressed by names instead of judging only on performances. Many of our fans have been guilty of that as well and it might be Hardy's weakness too. If our strikers had come from non-league backgrounds instead of the prem, their performances would have had them out of the team in next to no time.
    Are you sure he wanted to change things in January? He and Alan Hardy weren't exactly breaking pots in their rush. Two unneeded midfielders who cannot keep a place in the first team and a loanee striker known to be injury-prone who lasted a game and a half. A real difference they've made, we haven't looked better, League 1 here we come! - or is it League 2 here we stay?

Quote Originally Posted by sirlesbradd View Post
    don't think we do. they have actually spent money on some players from money made from selling players. billy kee will be in a fair wack
    I wonder if the owners of Accrington are as scared of promotion as our one seems to be, they don't seem to be "consolidating" for a push next year do they? With their low home attendances and therefore low income they are probably thinking it's now or never.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I wonder if the owners of Accrington are as scared of promotion as our one seems to be, they don't seem to be "consolidating" for a push next year do they? With their low home attendances and therefore low income they are probably thinking it's now or never.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast