+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Rafa confirmed as staying

Straight from the horse's mouth (Rafa) in his recent interview. First line is interesting and believable as Rafa has a history of conflict with club owners and Chairmen because he's not happy for the clubs he manages to sit with unfulfilled potential.

"My relationship with the owners, normally isn’t as bad as people maybe think it is.

“Because I’m fighting for the best for my club.
    “So I am not fighting for what is best for Rafa Benitez.

“Normally I never have a problem with my contract.

“It’s just because I want to improve, I want to improve the Academy, or I want to bring better players and be more competitive.

“The fans appreciate that.

“It has been the same in Napoli, Liverpool, here (at Newcastle), Valencia.

“Then for professionals, they have this vision, they can go one step back and say listen: it’s improving my team, it’s improving my club, it’s improving my business.

“And I think that people, professionally they realise, and then their perception, it depends.

“Now the social network, it changed everything in one minute.

“So people can criticise you today and in two days time they are praising you.

“Now, if you realise that it’s like this, then you stay calm.

“You make decisions in a better way.

“So if you are too hurried to do something, you will make more mistakes.

“You have to stay calm.”

.. No one was ever going to pay the six mill get out clause, if what is being bounded about is correct ..

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    .. No one was ever going to pay the six mill get out clause, if what is being bounded about is correct ..
    Well The Mackems certainly couldn’t pay it Andy lad. Your new owner has bought the club on the chucky he can’t even afford to pay the 40 mil up front

He also has to spunk out 40k a week for Rodwell next season, aye bright times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Well The Mackems certainly couldn’t pay it Andy lad. Your new owner has bought the club on the chucky he can’t even afford to pay the 40 mil up front

He also has to spunk out 40k a week for Rodwell next season, aye bright times ahead.
    .. Discussions with a potential new investor at the Monaco Grand Prix .. Seems there's a lot of interest in climbing aboard ..

.. Discussions with a potential new investor at the Monaco Grand Prix .. Seems there's a lot of interest in climbing aboard ..
    You have to hope anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    You have to hope anyway.
    .. Rumored it's Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev .. I'll believe it when it happens, whoever it is, but yes, you have to hope ..

.. Rumored it's Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev .. I'll believe it when it happens, whoever it is, but yes, you have to hope ..

Couldn’t see any Russian interested in a 3rd Division Outfit to be honest he’d would be the laughing stock of his comrades.

Howay Andy man nobody and I mean nobody climbs onboard a sinking ship especially with your new St Mirren Manager. You only have to pay them 50k compensation though which is not bad only 10k more than you have to pay Rodwell.

Couldn’t see any Russian interested in a 3rd Division Outfit to be honest he’d would be the laughing stock of his comrades.
    .. Saudi billionaire Prince Walid was interested in making a £75m investment in 1996 when City were in the third, but Lee refused to show him club accounts .. Not saying it's gona happen to Sunlan, but it's not beyond possibility that someone with a few bob could invest. Could be a good time to invest ..

Howay Andy man nobody and I mean nobody climbs onboard a sinking ship especially with your new St Mirren Manager. You only have to pay them 50k compensation though which is not bad only 10k more than you have to pay Rodwell.
    Is that confirmed because last i heard St Mirren claimed to have had no contact in regards to Sunderland wanting their manager.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)