+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Minto on Sky Sports...nice

I believe he voluntarily gave a lot of his own time for the hospice. As stated above, he didnt need the money when he signed for us. Just look at the clubs he'd represented before joining us.

Despite playing many games for charlton, Chelsea, West Ham and Benfica, the club which connected with his heart the most was good old Rotherham United. He's not a local lad but the people of Rotherham left a mark on him. Lovely man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I thought he was an OK player, a player I'd actually heard of before he joined us which was and still is quite a rarity. But I do remember the grumbles on the tivoli end whenever he put a foot wrong, which seemed to be louder for him more than anyone else. One of those players who couldn't do anything right in the eyes of the fickle fans of Rotherham.
    Probably the same people who used to have a go at Kevin Watson who was up their as one of our greatest midfielders.

I seem to remember a story that when he finished playing for us he then continued to drive the football in the community mini bus for us. Did I make that up or can anyone else confirm? The next time I heard of him he was presenting Spanish football.

Only thing I could find online was this comment on a Liverpool forum.

"27-01-07, 08:06 PM
    Did you see the story this week that Scott Minto gives up one day a week to act as an unpaid driver ferrying people to and from hospital?"

https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/arc...p/t-12793.html

I suppose that fits with the work he was doing for a hospice maybe.
    Last edited by JohnLeedsMiller; 14-03-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Top bloke and a Gentleman too.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeedsMiller View Post
    I seem to remember a story that when he finished playing for us he then continued to drive the football in the community mini bus for us. Did I make that up or can anyone else confirm? The next time I heard of him he was presenting Spanish football.

Only thing I could find online was this comment on a Liverpool forum.

"27-01-07, 08:06 PM
    Did you see the story this week that Scott Minto gives up one day a week to act as an unpaid driver ferrying people to and from hospital?"

https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/arc...p/t-12793.html

I suppose that fits with the work he was doing for a hospice maybe.
    John, it may never be confirmed if this story of Scott driving the community mini bus for us is true, however, the other story of him driving speaks absolute volumes about the man.

Look up his profile on Wiki - he's wearing a Millers top

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Probably the same people who used to have a go at Kevin Watson who was up their as one of our greatest midfielders.

Yes and similarly Steve Thompson

He's a top man and always talks about how his favourite time in football was with the millers.

Met him he’s a really nice bloke and he genuinely wants the millers to do well.

I always wondered what the connection was that brought him to little old Rotherham.
    His clubs were:

Charlton
    Chelsea
    Benfica
    West Ham
    Rotherham

An unusual path for a pro footballer and he certainly never came across as a "one last payday while I wind down" sort of player
    In fact I thought his class was evident, even though he came to us at the tail end of his playing days.

He was a very popular figure at Rotherham Hospice where he did indeed give up time ferrying day patients to and from the hospice.

He's excellent on tv and it's great to know that a merseysider who spent most of his career playing in London has such a soft spot for our town and club.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast