+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone listen to wm last night?

As per previous posters, its a shame its gets so petty on here.

I obviously want my team to do well, and that includes finishing above the Wolves, the Villa etc. I like having a bit of banter too, I have a lot of mates who support those teams.

But I actually want Wolves and Villa, and Birmingham if they can put a run together, to get promoted this season. We've only had one season in the prem, in 25 years where all 4 of us were in it... which is a shame.

I also want Walsall and Kidderminster to do well. The better the standard of football around us the more it benefits the local area/community.

How many on this board would prefer a Black Country Premiership derby next season rather than playing Sheffield Utd or Bristol City? I know I would..

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Hey, I'll give you a little nudge in the right direction.

If you are interested in my views on the manager, players and season so far, check out the Wolves board.

But we already knew that didn't we?

Enjoy the rest of the season, wherever you may watch the football from
    Fair play, on here you don’t (want to) talk about football, on here you’re just a...

nuisance!? ;-)

Enjoy your season too 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    What is the "baggiest?"

I can feel a lot of love in that post. Let's try and keep it clean, eh?
    Easy, the superlative form of an adjective in comparison, in this case the adjective "baggie", as in a baggie fan, to be baggie etc.

baggie - baggier - the baggiest

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    QUOTE=BaggieBlood;38702542]Dings phoning in stating they'll be in Europe next year.

Must be going for it in the fa cup this season, as last I looked promotion, if attained does not offer a European place.

They have a habit of jumping the gun.

Always had money thrown at them, never done nowt.

Always had that arrogance.

Always have to live with the bottle job that led to our 2002 promotion.

Even vile Al rang in to see if the dings had been Promoted.

I'd love it if Cardiff and Sheffield United took the top 2 places. They spent nothing and proper graft and teamwork has got them up there.

Didn't the dings not sign fat Leon Clarke twice for millions and then give him frees?
    Another classic thread!

99 years to the day the WW1 ended, where so many brave men lost their lives and we are down to this.

Men fron West Bromwich and Wolverhampton would have stood shoulder to shoulder.

Now they argue pathetic insulting war of words over who's team is the better.

It brinds back memories of the school playground, "my dads bigger than your dad.

Batter truely lost on some or is down to the day and the time of it.

Mickd's post about this site dying on it's arse brought a few suggestions why it is so doing. This type of post is a very good example of why it is dying.

This board was one of the busiest a few years ago but not anymore. People come on here to moan, discuss, have the odd rant but most of all to talk about West Brom and football in general.

I have not posted since April because of posts being highjacked by the same people. The whole idea of this board was lost with futile petty arguing.

I doubt this post will do much other than get a pile of abuse but for the sake of this board I hope the author of this antagonistic post will reflect on why they posted it in the first place.

Don't forget the two minute silence today to reflect one those poor souls who gave their lives and how lucky we are because of them.[/QUOTE]

I don't know who you are baggiemadrrr, or whatever your name is, but don't you dare ever suggest that a simple post about a footy phone in show correlates in any way to those brave soldiers who have given their lives to protect us and our way of life.

My Grandfather on my Mother's side fought for the British Army in Burma. All we ever knew about it was the medal's in my Uncle's house. My Grandfather never discussed it and we never asked. The fact he fought make me immensely proud.

But, what I do know is that the wars fought are to protect our right to write what we want.

A couple of weeks ago Terry Butcher's son, an ex soldier committed suicide having not being able to cope after leaving the services.

I was very upset at hearing this and very happy that Ipswich had a minutes silence for him.

I didn't reply to your post yesterday, out of respect for the day, but a shadow dweller like you need not have broken a 7 month hiatus to remind me to observe the 2 minute silence.

It may have escaped you notice, but this is WBA forum. Some on this forum listen to the phone in referred to and the thread is clearly, in it's title, directed at them.

Many such threads with similar titles about the wm phone in have been posted in the past.

There is no abuse from anybody, baggie or dingle in the thread.

So I suggest your agenda is against me, for whatever reason that may be.

I'll await your response and will look for your dog face avatar in around 7 months.

This thread was the first time I had posted on here for over 2 weeks due to other commitments.

In those weeks you just lurked in the shadows rather than regale us on here with your views in an attempt to revive a dying board. You didn't even post on the enthralling Hawthorns PA system thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    You won't get any abuse from me BM, just agreement!
    LB I've heard you mention in every other post you write that you are a retired teacher.

Obviously, all this rival club talk is above you.

Oh, wait there could it be you on the ammers thread who wrote:

"What do the clubs whose players represent their country got to do with the success that any country may achieve? West Ham must be 'clutching at straws' if this is the best that they can come up with regarding their historical success, or should I say lack of it. I'm fed up with hearing about West Ham and 1966! Let's face it, they are a mediocre club with a very mediocre history. All this rubbish about the West Ham way, what way? West Ham fans need to have a reality check and realise that they are not a big club, never have been and in all probability, never will be."

Please sir can i have the definition of Hypocrite?

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Fair play, on here you don’t (want to) talk about football, on here you’re just a...

nuisance!? ;-)

Enjoy your season too ��
    Ignore him SB, everyone else does.

I hope you are well SB.

I love Italian football, and a WC without them would be not the same for me, but as your a committed Albion mon mate, I'll be reciprocating your loyalty by backing Sweden tonight.

I hope they win for you.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Ignore him SB, everyone else does.

I hope you are well SB.

I love Italian football, and a WC without them would be not the same for me, but as your a committed Albion mon mate, I'll be reciprocating your loyalty by backing Sweden tonight.

I hope they win for you.

Take care.
    Cheers BB, we need all the support we can get, it'll be a tough game and task for us!

All well here, hope you are too, take care!

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Cheers BB, we need all the support we can get, it'll be a tough game and task for us!

All well here, hope you are too, take care!

Hope you are well Swedish and remember -

newcy är ett oupplärt knopphuvud

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Hope you are well Swedish and remember -

newcy är ett oupplärt knopphuvud

Ooooh, I put that in a translator Al. It came up with "is an unlearned button head" How rude!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Ooooh, I put that in a translator Al. It came up with "is an unlearned button head" How rude!!!!
    I'd love to have an Agnetha of ABBA Swedish type talking dirty to me in that sort of lingo HLC.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)