+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: All things Aberdeen vs the Diet Huns 30 Dec 2018

^^^
    It’s just a happy clappers dream about having more points at new year.
    They don’t want to hear about any other opinion other than their blinkered view.
    The Scottish cup is our only chance of getting a trophy this season but the excuses coming out already about how often we have won it etc are cringeworthy...we are supposed to be the 2nd top team in Scotland so unless we capitulate again against Celtic along the way I fully expect us to get to the final. If we don’t then that is failure.

Until we get to the europa group stages, I'll be disappointed deep down.

We should be better than we are and as fans , have far more ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    Until we get to the europa group stages, I'll be disappointed deep down.

We should be better than we are and as fans , have far more ambitions.

This. But I`m already fretting about how that will affect our League position given the "threadbare " squad , and the extra games !!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    This. But I`m already fretting about how that will affect our League position given the "threadbare " squad , and the extra games !!

In all honesty I don’t think we will be worrying about the Europa league group stages

The last lineup to get beyond the group stages (or indeed even get into the group stages) had Darren Mackie and Langfield in the side vs. Dnipro:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...en/7019712.stm

Not sure that adventurous signings are the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    The last lineup to get beyond the group stages (or indeed even get into the group stages) had Darren Mackie and Langfield in the side vs. Dnipro:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...en/7019712.stm

Not sure that adventurous signings are the answer.
    Totally different scenario in those days as we only had to play one round to reach the group rather than 3 or 4 rounds nowadays.

Even then, we would have been out if Clangers had not transformed into Zoff for 90 minutes in the away leg.

Aye Red , but I`m a Happy Clapper Heck . We nearly made it this year despite being " in transition " !!

Mixed feelings watching the Cypriots do so well. @Usual ifs and buts . But,...( !! ) our team that finished the Scottisg Cup Final would have done it. So ALL we need to do is replace Johnny Hayes now ?!!...........................Easy, eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    Totally different scenario in those days as we only had to play one round to reach the group rather than 3 or 4 rounds nowadays.

Even then, we would have been out if Clangers had not transformed into Zoff for 90 minutes in the away leg.
    That team of misfits masterminded by Calderwood subsequently got out of a group with some big sides in it, e.g. Atletico Madrid. The big difference between the competition then and now being the summer qualifiers, favouring clubs with bigger squads, with more foreign internationals in them.

I'm still hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post

He f@cking did. Unbelievable performance

He was a good shot stopper

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast