+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Forte

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Their keeper made a cracking save from Forte in the first half . " Young Callum" came on and ran his heart out but never looked like scoring. Had a free header and missed and to be honest it was harder to miss.
    Yes, you make my point for me. Forte is the natural finisher, and a much more experienced player, but that's why we should expect more of an all-round contribution from him than we get. You expect a kid to play the super-sub role. You expect a 30-year old striker with bags of experience to be one of the leaders of the team, not to contribute in flashes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Yes, you make my point for me. Forte is the natural finisher, and a much more experienced player, but that's why we should expect more of an all-round contribution from him than we get. You expect a kid to play the super-sub role. You expect a 30-year old striker with bags of experience to be one of the leaders of the team, not to contribute in flashes.
    I don't think anyone can describe Forte as a " natural finisher " and from what I have seen of Saunders , he doesn't look to have inherited his dad's talent.He wouldn't be at Notts if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    This talk of "kids" when anyone speaks about Hodge and Saunders puzzles me as they're 21 and 22 years old. Older than Yates and just a year younger than Grant. Basically not good enough and hopefully released when possible as they really add nothing to the team. I thought Forte was unlucky to be pulled off again today.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    This talk of "kids" when anyone speaks about Hodge and Saunders puzzles me as they're 21 and 22 years old. Older than Yates and just a year younger than Grant. Basically not good enough and hopefully released when possible as they really add nothing to the team. I thought Forte was unlucky to be pulled off again today.
    Although I find it hard to visualise the thought of being 'pulled off' as unlucky (I am working from memory here), I was hoping it was Forte who was the nominated one after the 4th official number confusion said it was Brisley. Forte is a frustrating player, there is some ability there but his half-arsed attitude (like frequently drifting offside when the Vale offside trap was there to be exploited) suggests he's not the sort of player Nolan will persevere with. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes way for the 'Marquee' signing in the transfer window.

Forte a natural finisher haha, someone's not recovered from New Years Eve yet obviously

He's cr*p, he'll get a couple of goals every now and then but he's just not good enough to start every week, I would imagine we will be his last league club.

When he doesn't get the nod in the last game people will probably still moan that he's not playing as he seems to be another one of those players that has an unwarranted fan club for his past spells at Notts or his history in general, see Shaun Harrad, Scott Loach and probably a few others. I imagine there will be fans out there upset Curtis Thompson isn't playing while we sit second in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    Saunderses missed header wasn't as easy as some might think, coming down on top of his head and with his back to the goal, not easy. I thought he looked rather a handful for their defender. He'll improve with more game time. Much as I like Forte I can't see him lasting for another season with us.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Saunderses missed header wasn't as easy as some might think, coming down on top of his head and with his back to the goal, not easy. I thought he looked rather a handful for their defender. He'll improve with more game time. Much as I like Forte I can't see him lasting for another season with us.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Laxton , coming down on the top of his head must have been hard , maybe we could have stopped the game until it landed on his forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Laxton , coming down on the top of his head must have been hard , maybe we could have stopped the game until it landed on his forehead.
    That's all right navypie, anything to help clear things up for you. If you think stopping the game would help, then maybe we could try it, I'm sure any player who misses what some might see as an easy chance would really go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah, disappointed with him today, don’t know whether he’s fully fit, but he kept making his runs after the ball had been played rather than anticipating anything.

Only denied a goal by a great save though.
    He would have been flagged offside if he had mad them runs. The linesman was sticking his flag up every time we passed the ball forward.....Also, he was the only one offering any sort of goal threat. Some of the balls to him were either over hit, or went to one their players.. You are only as good as the service you get....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He would have been flagged offside if he had mad them runs. The linesman was sticking his flag up every time we passed the ball forward.....Also, he was the only one offering any sort of goal threat. Some of the balls to him were either over hit, or went to one their players.. You are only as good as the service you get....
    Forte was flagged offside a few times simply because the Vale defence moved forward and Forte was too lazy to look across the line and do likewise. Also, what goal threat did Forte offer today? He poked one ten yards wide when their keeper rashly committed himself early, the other chances he had bounced off his boot with less power than I could manage. Any who think Forte is the answer to our lack of strength in the striking department are probably the same as those who thought Aborah was a world-beater.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast