+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: F P S share proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Stifle FPS plans possibly....stifle progress I'm not so sure.....Seen little evidence of that up till now and certainly far less than was promised.

I trust neither groups.
    They’ve did a lot more than previous owners,

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    They’ve did a lot more than previous owners,
    Yes but have delivered a lot less of what they promised than previous owners.

Let's not forget they have not bought back Dens, not delivered the super duper training facilities, not delivered a profitable sustainable club, not delivered top 6 football, not increased the fan base and not left town when they said they would.

They seem to be presiding over a football club in palliative care.

It's all or nothing with a complex that looks increasingly unlikely to ever get off the ground.

Visable progress would be buying or renting some hose storage.

I know that the above opinion is No so much glass half empty as pubs shutting early and the bulldozers here in the morning.....but it's how I feel about the state of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'm genuinely struggling as to how giving my opinion on the offer made by FPS to DFCSS can be be considered a 'version of events'.

Couple of quick questions for you. Do you agree with the valuation FPS is currently placing on our club? Do you think offering £8,000 for 14,000,000 shares that are nominally valued at £1 per share is a fair offer to make to an organisations second biggest shareholder?

I'm just heading off to work just now and might be able to have a go at calculating the value FPS is placing on Dundee FC as a business by making this offer and will hopefully be able to let you know later today.This info will help you answer the questions I've posed.

My apologies if you feel this post is in any way passive aggressive or anti FPS. I simply write it as I would say it i.e. with a passion for Dundee FC and neither aggression toward you nor hatred toward FPS are intended.
    Dundee FC Ltd is worthless, no assets to speak off apart from some hoses, 8k is actually too much as far as I'm concerned. The thought of an anti-DFC band of agitators making a penny annoys me. Probably spend it on auditors

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    How much are DFCSS valuing the club at, your saying 14,000,000 at £1 per share, shaded is saying 1p per share,

End of the day, DFCSS / Dee4life was set up to help save the club, not to own it, not to stifle progress, not as a profit driven company, so they should go back to the original membership and ask them what they think they should do.
    j im no financial whizz kid but my reading of it is---- dundee fc issued 200million shares at 1p that means the value of the club is £2million no doubt islay will yeh or neh my reading of things

DFC shares are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. DFCSS won't give them up as they want to be back in charge with their shiny blazers out the closet

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    DFC shares are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. DFCSS won't give them up as they want to be back in charge with their shiny blazers out the closet
    I don't know if they do or don't taintedice although b cram, Deeranged and Islay always say there's no one (as far as they are aware) wanting dfcss back in charge.

I hope this never comes to pass but also FPS shouldn't be immune to scrutiny.

Yes but have delivered a lot less of what they promised than previous owners.
    DFC were heading for liquidation under DFCSS, they stopped that from happening? Can't think of anything that other owners have delivered that comes anywhere near that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    DFC were heading for liquidation under DFCSS, they stopped that from happening? Can't think of anything that other owners have delivered that comes anywhere near that.
    Marrs taking over from Dixon?

Bill Colvin putting money in when required?

Gellatly in the late seventies?

And Anderson post war?

Not too mention hundreds of folk who handed over big sums during admin 2.

I'm no fan of dfcss but I don't think FPS have delivered that much.

I don't know if they do or don't taintedice although b cram, Deeranged and Islay always say there's no one (as far as they are aware) wanting dfcss back in charge.

I hope this never comes to pass but also FPS shouldn't be immune to scrutiny.
    The question will be answered soon, if they keep their shares then they want back in charge. They were more than happy to sell the A shares for a premium but called it off when the club said the money would go to the DFC Community Trust rather than DFCSS. FPS shouldn't get a free pass but the money they're spending is keeping the club alive

Marrs taking over from Dixon?

Bill Colvin putting money in when required?

Gellatly in the late seventies?

And Anderson post war?

Not too mention hundreds of folk who handed over big sums during admin 2.

I'm no fan of dfcss but I don't think FPS have delivered that much.
    I've never really felt the club was ever heading for liquidation other than when DFCSS installed themselves as owners with no plan or financing to develop the business. FPS promised a lot but let's face it, no other owners have made much difference other than the two new stands. The south enclosure didn't even have proper toilets till recently and the whole place has been an eyesore for decades. The club is at its most stable off the park that I can remember, that's worth something

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)