+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and football.

As ever with these things, the actions of the few ruin good intent, due to their own selfishness. Like MOP I cannot imagine a scenario where parents cannot afford to feed their children, but sadly accept that some chose not to and prioritise other things.

It's a sad reflection on our society

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    As ever with these things, the actions of the few ruin good intent, due to their own selfishness. Like MOP I cannot imagine a scenario where parents cannot afford to feed their children, but sadly accept that some chose not to and prioritise other things.

It's a sad reflection on our society
    Yes it is, and, like me, you’ve been fortunate enough to have never experienced poverty, but unlike me you’ve probably never witnessed it, professionally.
    That’s not a criticism of either you or poor parents. Suffice it to say that there is a huge difference between neglectful and poverty stricken parents.
    Some of the best parents I’ve come across have included the poorest, but I can’t help but acknowledge that those who are most neglectful or abusive leave one wondering if everyone should be allowed to breed.
    No idea of the answer to that quandary, but I fear it’s a problem which will only become worse in the short term as a result of the impact of Coronavirus on unemployment.

Granted I've not seen such poverty in this country although I've seen plenty of it in travels in Central America and far east, and people earning a dollar a week with no benefits system to fall back on are what I describe as poverty.

Even at its worst our poor are likely well off compared to a great deal of the world. But that's not really the point.

I can't help but think you are promoting eugenics in the latter paragraphs - not like you....

NB surely that should read coronavirus, unemployment and Brexit 😂

NB surely that should read coronavirus, unemployment and Brexit ��
    It probably should but I’m trying to be good.

If you’ve travelled in Central America and the Far East - I haven’t - I’m sure you’ve seen more extreme examples of genuine poverty but it’s all relative isn’t it?

‘Eugenics’? Very uncomfortable territory. No greater illustration of the conflict between idealism and reality. As I say, some of the most caring parents I’ve come across have been amongst the - materially - poorest. On the other hand I’ve come across ‘parents’ who, had they treated a dog in the same way, would have been banned from ever keeping animals.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It probably should but I’m trying to be good.
    Johnson's turned you!

Anyway this is a football thread and you've taken it off topic again!!!

Just a few days from restart, what do you think the chances are that the season will be completed now? Or will we get a second suspension?

Who will the the collapsing team wishing it hadn't restarted and who will rise up and improve the most?

I'd vote Hull to collapse and hope Middlesbro too

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Everybody wants everything for nothing, are folk really that destitute,perhaps the odd few? They all seem to have smart phones, 4k TV and booze on tap! If it's free jump on the bandwagon and collect! I'm sure there are a good few folk on here who were grateful for a helping hand when times fell tough but we'd appreciate any kind of help, to be given a pair of hand me down shoes without a hole, or your older brothers trousers with patches that you had to grow into. Would any of your kids now accept hand me downs? I don't think so! I've seen many a queue at a jumble sale that's were my school uniform came from! thinking about it, I was the only Japanese general in our class!
    Classic moppy, brilliant Banzai

Just a few days from restart, what do you think the chances are that the season will be completed now? Or will we get a second suspension?

Who will the the collapsing team wishing it hadn't restarted and who will rise up and improve the most?

Love to see Boro’ go down too. Like to see Barnsley stay up but I doubt it.

Hope we get to the end this time. Not sure, but if we don’t then I dread to think when there’ll be fans in grounds again.

Still some concerns about our possible points deduction. Don’t really understand how Coronavirus has been allowed to interrupt that process.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-06-2020 at 10:10 AM.

I think it will be completed! Also think that Leeds will choke.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)