+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T 2016 Gigs/Concerts

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Habent seen them in a few years. Since the Forum maybe 2010 ish. Should be good

Ill be the handsome chap on his own standing at the back CvB min. Pimt please
    aye, no worries. I see what you look like from your avatar so any boy with a weird shaped red head and a gaping mouth should be instantly recognisable!

I have to say, I'm quite a fan of the ballroom for a gig. Don;t think I've been to one there where I've had issues with the acoustics.
    Can feel a bit seasick from the floor bouncing up and down like, but the sound's always spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by campervanbethoven View Post
    aye, no worries. I see what you look like from your avatar so any boy with a weird shaped red head and a gaping mouth should be instantly recognisable!

I have to say, I'm quite a fan of the ballroom for a gig. Don;t think I've been to one there where I've had issues with the acoustics.
    Can feel a bit seasick from the floor bouncing up and down like, but the sound's always spot on.
    Good to hear as its my first time ive ever set foot in my place in my life

The Stranglers, Beach Ball Room 9/3/17

Never set foot in the place in my life, walked out thinking its the best venue in Aberdeen. The trampoline effect is ace. The old vibe to its ace. Bar service straight away is ace but the sound is fantastic. JJs Bass sounding better than usual.

Ruts DC were decent. Didnt know much about them then watched them and its one of those bands where you knew a good few tunes. If the head back to the Moorings id probablly take it on

The Stranglers are a great band, theres no denying it. Back catalogue of great tunes is huge. I dont need to say much more. Easily battered out 20+ classics(it was a greatest hits tour). Pretty much all there barring Walk On Buy and Something Better Change. Good gig, great band up

Shame i was in my mid 20s before i got into them or i would have seen them more than 3 times. Thats for sure

As for the dude wearing a pink and green floral adidas vest. Smart min (was that you CvB min?)

there were a few beauts going around, but aye, the boy with the floral vest was special!

I did also spot some old boy who was either in his 70's or had just lived life to the full. Half expected him to leave once the band fired up when he realised that tonight wasn't the usual tea dance evening, but he stayed put.

Glad to hear that you agree about the place as a venue. I don't know why it's not used more often. It's everything that places like the Music Hall aren't.
    Acoustically fantastic, and that springy floor is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by campervanbethoven View Post
    but aye, the boy with the floral vest was special!

Pretty arrogant today are we

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Pretty arrogant today are we
    never realised you were talking that boys attire up.

Didn't see it as cutting edge style myself, or bottom end style come to that, but maybe it's all the thing oot Meldrum way, so far be it from me to pass judgement.

Pacman must be the only person in Aberdeen who's never been in the beach ballroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Pacman must be the only person in Aberdeen who's never been in the beach ballroom.
    33 years and 5 month it took me

I've only been in there once, and that was for a school prizegiving. I didn't win anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I've only been in there once, and that was for a school prizegiving. I didn't win anything.
    Keep your chin up min. Theres always next time

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast