+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Icky are confirmed to be leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    You can wrap it up however you want, it is betrayal to go to Wednesday, they know that will hurt a lot of people in Rotherham and let the Wednesday fans give Rotherham fans a lot of verbal, that our players don't even want to play for us after we get promoted. It is also a big kick in the teeth for warne who only yesterday stated he thought one would stay, I don't wish them well at all, I hope they have an awful time there and a crap season. Remember that Warne stated he knew that they had received multiple offers, so they have chosen the worst team they could for a few quid more, i wouldn't want either of them in the trenches next to me. SCUM
    I posted on Twitter. Would he go to Sunderland? That’s really how bad it is. Having thought about this though, I’m pleased they have gone. Will enable us to try something different. The same breeds the same, which is ok for promotion but not for relegation.

Perhaps someone should remind the chairman that goodwill doesn’t go on forever.

I think PW is being backed, the chairman is running the club well. They have gone purely for money, to a club that has financial problems and has failed to pay players in the past. So you have to ask how stupid are they to take a risk with the pigs, they have made their decision, now get them out and get players in that want to play in the Championship clearly those don't as Moore couldn't get man city out of league 1 nevermind the blue and white bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    From that interview yesterday Warney was buzzing and was pretty confident on one and hopeful on the other.What has gone wrong in such a short time?There is a mountain to climb and he is obviosusly not getting the backing, so it is a monumental challenge in such a short time.
    Think we should support Warne and the Chairman. TS clearly pushed the boat out for Smith and been given short shrift so we need to be supporting them not get on their backs.

Well if they do go to the Owls it means a tougher pair of games for us still in L1 next year. Sorry for you that they’ve left it’ll leave big holes to fill but there are lots of players out there who can do it. At Bolton we signed Amadou Bakajoko from Coventry reserves and also Jon Dadi Bodvarson, an Icelandic International, both on frees, as well as Dapo Afolyan from Wet Spam reserves all for nothing and they’ve all been brilliant. So two out, let’s hope you get 2 good ones in to replace them. Best of luck for next season, time you stayed up there this time.

Oh, come on, get real. All modern players are mercenaries. They live on short-term contracts, 2-3 years, and when they expire it's up to their agents to get them the best deal they can. Gone are the days of players like Trevor Swift (remember him?), local lads who just want to give their heart and soul to their home town club. Now they want to make what they can while they can before finishing in their mid to late thirties. Not sure I could have coped with that sort of pressure in my job, not knowing where I might be (if anywhere) in a couple of years time. They love the club they're playing for while they're there, give it their best shot, kiss the badge, etc but when a better offer comes along and they've got a family and a mortgage to sort they're off.

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Oh, come on, get real. All modern players are mercenaries. They live on short-term contracts, 2-3 years, and when they expire it's up to their agents to get them the best deal they can. Gone are the days of players like Trevor Swift (remember him?), local lads who just want to give their heart and soul to their home town club. Now they want to make what they can while they can before finishing in their mid to late thirties. Not sure I could have coped with that sort of pressure in my job, not knowing where I might be (if anywhere) in a couple of years time. They love the club they're playing for while they're there, give it their best shot, kiss the badge, etc but when a better offer comes along and they've got a family and a mortgage to sort they're off.
    Yep, that’s it in a nutshell

Another couple of reasons to add to my once a miller ….. is a load of *******s reasoning.

Lyons, Casper, Bennett, Houghton, Butler....we got over that, these 2 couldnt lace their boots, lets move on lads, i honestly believe Smudge and Icky were leaving as soon as the final whistle went at Gillingham, im still backing my club like i have been for the last 60+ years and wont be changing allience to Rotherham Reserves (you know who i mean). UTFM

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Or they don’t want to play for him anymore
    Another dig at the manager,what a surprise.
    It`s all about the money,can you not see that ?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast