+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Icky are confirmed to be leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Another dig at the manager,what a surprise.
    It`s all about the money,can you not see that ?

No I can’t see it

We assume it is but really none of us know.

Surely PW knows what the money is etc and 24 hours ago he thought he could hold onto one or both of them.

So there’s another factor in play somewhere, not just money

It feels like a kick in the teeth but as has already been said, the players are mercenaries. It's all about the ££££ and the sad fact is that a debt ridden club thats been on the decline for 20+ years, playing at a lower level with a reputation for toxic fans, manager merry go rounds and a reputation for for turning decent players into injury prone crocks, is still a more attractive proposition than playing for us.

The club needs a big response now. Any advantage that auto promotion offered us by being ahead of the game in the transfer market has been clearly wasted by these two keeping us hanging on for weeks. Maybe now they're gone we can finally start pushing for replacements. We need something to give the fans a morale boost so lets hope that what Brecks said on the wireless is true about us being on the verge of bringing some new blood in. After all the hard work Warney and co did last year now really is the time to capitalise and really focus on a good Championship season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Or they don’t want to play for him anymore
    Everybody to their own opinion Grist, but thats the biggest load of BOL*OCKS ive read on here since joining MM in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Everybody to their own opinion Grist, but thats the biggest load of BOL*OCKS ive read on here since joining MM in 2014.
    Maybe, but my guess is as valid as anybody else’s guess.

Easy to blame Tony Stewart for “ not backing the manager”

No I can’t see it

We assume it is but really none of us know.

Surely PW knows what the money is etc and 24 hours ago he thought he could hold onto one or both of them.

So there’s another factor in play somewhere, not just money
    Agents.

If you think Warne is a yes man then Darren Moore outshines him in that area.

Maybe, but my guess is as valid as anybody else’s guess.

Easy to blame Tony Stewart for “ not backing the manager”
    Not sure about Ihiekwe but I can't see why Smith wouldn't want to play for Warney. Warne (and his coaching team) have really turned Smiths career round. Before he joined us he'd failed at numerous clubs and was rotting in Bury's reserves. Not long after he signed for us Bury ceased to exist, had Smith still been rotting in their reserves I dare say he'd have ended up playing non league.

Now of course this doesn't mean he owes a life debt to Warney or anything daft like that, but I'm sure Smith will recognise and appreciate just how much Warne and co have not only helped his career but as good as saved it.

So with that in mind my guess is that yesterday RUFC offered both players lucrative "final offer" contracts, that both responded favourably to. Cue Warney being confident they'll sign. But no doubt the agents will have been on the phone to S6 and Wedneday will have offered even more. Both players clearly knew that RUFC couldn't and wouldn't go any higher and wanted an immediate answer, so they made their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekProsser(East Anglia) View Post
    Not sure about Ihiekwe but I can't see why Smith wouldn't want to play for Warney. Warne (and his coaching team) have really turned Smiths career round. Before he joined us he'd failed at numerous clubs and was rotting in Bury's reserves. Not long after he signed for us Bury ceased to exist, had Smith still been rotting in their reserves I dare say he'd have ended up playing non league.

Now of course this doesn't mean he owes a life debt to Warney or anything daft like that, but I'm sure Smith will recognise and appreciate just how much Warne and co have not only helped his career but as good as saved it.

So with that in mind my guess is that yesterday RUFC offered both players lucrative "final offer" contracts, that both responded favourably to. Cue Warney being confident they'll sign. But no doubt the agents will have been on the phone to S6 and Wedneday will have offered even more. Both players clearly knew that RUFC couldn't and wouldn't go any higher and wanted an immediate answer, so they made their choice.

Yep, could be so

Big blow for the “ one big family” ethic though

Quote Originally Posted by DerekProsser(East Anglia) View Post
    It feels like a kick in the teeth but as has already been said, the players are mercenaries. It's all about the ££££ and the sad fact is that a debt ridden club thats been on the decline for 20+ years, playing at a lower level with a reputation for toxic fans, manager merry go rounds and a reputation for for turning decent players into injury prone crocks, is still a more attractive proposition than playing for us.

The club needs a big response now. Any advantage that auto promotion offered us by being ahead of the game in the transfer market has been clearly wasted by these two keeping us hanging on for weeks. Maybe now they're gone we can finally start pushing for replacements. We need something to give the fans a morale boost so lets hope that what Brecks said on the wireless is true about us being on the verge of bringing some new blood in. After all the hard work Warney and co did last year now really is the time to capitalise and really focus on a good Championship season.
    I agree with that and with Smith out of the equation,we could play a different formation but it is a big ask for Scott and his team to come up with a list,a big list of players we need.A time for the chairman to show his comittment to the club.Warney is our best ever manager we have had, give him the backing.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I agree with that and with Smith out of the equation,we could play a different formation but it is a big ask for Scott and his team to come up with a list,a big list of players we need.A time for the chairman to show his comittment to the club.Warney is our best ever manager we have had, give him the backing.
    If it was a choice of either Stewart going or Warne going, for me it would be Cheerio Paul

Yep, could be so

Big blow for the “ one big family” ethic though
    Very true.

I don't wish failure on either player but I just can't see them doing well there.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast