+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Bobby Moore ever play at Millmoor?

Did Bobby Moore ever play at Millmoor?

One for the old uns...Just been watching a documentary about him on telly and it got me thinking had I ever seen him against the millers. I must admit I cant remember seeing him at millmoor but wondered if he played against us as a young lad before i started watching the millers.

I dont remember seeing him as a player but he definitely visited as manager of Southend. I was walking past the dugout when he was taking his place pitch side, I said hello and he just walked straight past without a reply! But I still love him

Did he play in Trevor Womble’s testimonial in ‘78?
    It was the then Millers 1st team against an all stars team which had a few of the ‘66 world cup team in it, he could’ve been one of them, I was only 14 and cant remember but some old timers might know.

Bobby Moore and Geoff Hurst scored the goals in West Ham's 2-1 victory in the league Cup at \Millmoor in 1965

https://www.11v11.com/matches/rother...er-1965-28650/

Thanks Patty. Think I missed that one I'd be only 4 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    https://www.11v11.com/matches/rother...er-1965-28650/

Thanks Patty. Think I missed that one I'd be only 4 at the time.
    You prawn sandwicher you.

That's a coincidence as well we played em nearly on this date as well!

Chip butty man actually Patty!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 04-11-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Did he play in Trevor Womble’s testimonial in ‘78?
    It was the then Millers 1st team against an all stars team which had a few of the ‘66 world cup team in it, he could’ve been one of them, I was only 14 and cant remember but some old timers might know.
    Think I remember this and Bobby Charlton played, I think.

Although I was already interested in the Millers it was a year later that I made it to my first home game (Jan 66 a 3-0 win v Crystal Palace)

My elder brother went to the West Ham game and I recall we were a very good side at the time.

On the subject of famous players I did have the privilege of seeing Pele play. It was an afternoon game at Hillsboro in 1972. Can’t remember whether it was a Tuesday or a Wednesday but it had to be played in the day because of the Power Cuts.

I don’t remember much about the game apart from Santos winning 2-0 in front of over 37,000 and I bunked it off school to go with my Dad standing on the open kop and could hardly see anything.

Hang on I was 7 so maybe I did go to the west ham game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast