+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Next SLO meeting ?

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Alan Martin no1 & Jake Leighfield no2 .....
    Jack not Jake , sorry

Jack not Jake , sorry
    Not surprised that Robinson is surplus to requirements although I believe he has another year on his contract. Young Moffat lad Leighfield has potential I am told by fans who follow the 20s set - up but at only 19 is it a gamble worth taking if Martin gets injured - anyway good luck to the lad on his promotion to Queens back - up keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Not surprised that Robinson is surplus to requirements although I believe he has another year on his contract. Young Moffat lad Leighfield has potential I am told by fans who follow the 20s set - up but at only 19 is it a gamble worth taking if Martin gets injured - anyway good luck to the lad on his promotion to Queens back - up keeper.
    It`s not really a gamble though. If Martin gets an injury we either play Leighfield or if the manager feels he`s not ready we can get a loan signing in. It`s a sound financial decision to go with a young keeper as back up. Good luck to both our keepers.
    And all the best to Lee Robinson who has served us well.

Another good meeting tonight . Very impressed with the management team who came across very well . Looking for another 2-3 players and running with a squad of about 20 next season .

Lee Robertson is history . Still under contract but told he's not first or second choice keeper
    Never pleasant to hear of a player who has been with us off and on for a few years being given the heave-ho however Robinson was culpable for bringing a degree of uncertainty to the defence last season with some very erratic goalkeeping. What we now require is a safe and sensible goalkeeper who will offer some stability at the back with some sound decision making and Martin looks to tick most of these boxes. All the best to Lee once again and I am sure he will pop up again somewhere if not in Scottish football as he was an entertainer which may have been his ultimate downfall.

Robinson is under contract got next season and although he was frustrating to watch at times last season, he still had some decent saves amongst his tomfoolery. If Martin is now the first choice keeper I would still have Lee as back-up rather than young Leighfield. Robinson has played with Queens more than any other of his former clubs. With him playing on Sunday in Lyle's testimonial, Queens will no doubt get a better idea on his status for the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Robinson is under contract got next season and although he was frustrating to watch at times last season, he still had some decent saves amongst his tomfoolery. If Martin is now the first choice keeper I would still have Lee as back-up rather than young Leighfield. Robinson has played with Queens more than any other of his former clubs. With him playing on Sunday in Lyle's testimonial, Queens will no doubt get a better idea on his status for the new season.
    Sorry Albertz but I cannot see Lee playing second fiddle to our main keeper although it would be good to if he did see out his term of contract. It would certainly add strength to the position but having him coaching is another matter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Sorry Albertz but I cannot see Lee playing second fiddle to our main keeper although it would be good to if he did see out his term of contract. It would certainly add strength to the position but having him coaching is another matter as well.
    Changing the subject from Lee it was interesting to hear Queens will now be training somewhere in Hamilton in the next campaign and have arranged accommodation so that players can stay overnight to save the likes of Marshall
    travelling from Newcastle every day.

Can't say I'm surprised Robbo is no longer in the gaffers plans . He's his own worse enemy

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post

The manager has told Robbo he's no longer in his plans . Simple

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    The manager has told Robbo he's no longer in his plans . Simple
    If that is the case I wonder if Robinson will get released from his contract early, if and when some club shows interest in him?
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 21-06-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)