+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Stronger?

Are We Stronger?

Last season our team for the first game at home against Swansea was:

Johansson
    Harding Hall Wood Humphreys Ferguson
    Ogbene Wiles Barlaser Lindsay
    Washington

I know the transfer window is still open but so was it at this time last season and to be honest I'm struggling to see where the current squad is better than the one we had at this stage last season.

Simple,it’s not.Up to now the squad we have NOW is relegation fodder.(tin hat on).

You could argue it either way trying to see it on a positive spin we’ve got Cafu for Barlaser Hugill for Washington Morrison for Woody that’s at least on a par if Morrison can stay fit thing that’s worrying me is the full back position we’ve no one of the class of Harding can’t expect the lad from Wolves to play every game and we’ll struggle on other side if anything happens to Bramall all the talk from MT is strengthening the spine of the team

At the moment,not sure, the thing is that squad got us to a great position when Warne left,will we be in a similar position in a few weeks time ?

Our defence is as strong.
    Our midfield with CT to come in is stronger.
    Our Forwards with one more to come is stronger.
    Our Manager is a better manager.

Yes we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Our defence is as strong.
    Our midfield with CT to come in is stronger.
    Our Forwards with one more to come is stronger.
    Our Manager is a better manager.

Yes we are.
    Has Pocket's glass overflowed and filled yours up?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Has Pocket's glass overflowed and filled yours up?
    I’m on board with the happy clappers at the moment.
    It’s the new me. 😂😂

We,ve signed a couple of players of the calibre I never thought we would in Cafu and Green
    Add Christ to that, who Wigan fans rated highly, then we might have a real injection of quality
    If we can get that elusive striker who is a lot more effective than G Hirst was then we might be cooking on gas
    They key is to get them playing as a team and avoiding injuries of course

So yes….nearly there with a better squad
    Unfortunately I haven’t seen any of the newbies play yet so I’m speculating really

No.

In goal yes but this is the weakest squad we've started a league season with since 2012.

There are some proper stars in the team in the viking and Rathbone, maybe Kelly but that's it now.

When we first came up our star signing was Matt Derbyshire. He was a proven championship player with a great record and contributed plenty.

Our up front signing this year? Andre Green, a prospect who is no longer a prospect and came all the way from Eastern European football to us. Oh and is instantly injured.

I think we are quickly becoming a laughing stock. I dont think we are stronger this season than last but only time will tell.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast