+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (37)

18. Bastille - Pompeii

49. Winchester Cathedral - The New Vaudeville Band (Mrs CT got that one.)

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    18. Bastille - Pompeii
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    49. Winchester Cathedral - The New Vaudeville Band (Mrs CT got that one.)
    Well done Mrs. CT

Brin beat me to 15.

Is 8 Babylon"s Burning? Was it The Ruts?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Brin beat me to 15.

Is 8 Babylon"s Burning? Was it The Ruts?
    It is yes!

Spent many hours in my bedroom as a young un blasting that vocal out with my tennis racket guitar!

So all done and dusted except for one. Ironic really that in a quiz about songs with places in their title the one that went unsolved was by a man with a place in his name. I'd actually included it as a nod to the late Exiletyke who had introduced me to the song just 4 months before he passed away when we were having a nice discussion on here about songs, Montana and John Denver.

1. Now I work for the BBC Life is not what it used to be Elstree The Buggles
    2. Track 29! Boy you can give me a shine Chatanooga Choo Choo Glenn Miller
    3. And I need you more than want you And I want you for all time Wichita Lineman Glen Campbell
    4. But I'm taking a Greyhound On the Hudson River Line New York State Of Mind Billy Joel
    5. She gave a little flirt, gave herself a little cuddle I Don't Want To Go To Chelsea Elvis Costello
    6. It's just gone noon half past monsoon On the banks of the river Nile Night Boat To Cairo Madness
    7. Round the outside, round the outside (You know it) Buffalo Gals Malcolm McLaren
    8. You burn in the street You burn in the ghetto With anxiety With anxiety Babylon's Burning The Ruts
    9. Super highways, coast to coast Easy to get anywhere Living In America James Brown
    10. From Golders Green, change at Camden Town Finchley Central The New Vaudeville Band
    11. I want a doctor to take your picture So I can look at you from inside as well Turning Japanese The Vapors
    12. Ah only one day away from your arms 24 Hours From Tulsa Gene Pitney
    13. Come from greed Never born of the seed Took a life from a barren hand China In Your Hand T'Pau
    14. A church house, gin house A school house, outhouse Nutbush City Limits Ike & Tina Turner
    15. Slanted eyes meet a new sunrise A race of bodies small in size Hong Kong Garden Siouxsie and the Banshees
    16. You can be here by 4:30 'Cause I've made your reservation Last Train to Clarksville The Monkees
    17. Perhaps one day we'll have a splash When Littlewoods provide the cash Liverpool Lullaby Cilla Black
    18. And the walls kept tumbling down In the city that we love Pompeii Bastille
    19. That his simple sister slapped them down And they slavered on their smalls Fog On The Tyne Lindisfarne/Gazza
    20. Any evening, any day You'll find us all The Lambeth Walk Various Artists
    21. Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues In the middle of the pouring rain Walking In Memphis Marc Cohn
    22. Downtown the young ones are going Downtown the young ones are growing Kids In America Kim Wilde
    23. He was born in the Bitterroot Valley in the early morning rain Wild Montana Skies John Denver
    24. Watching all the ships going down the line, they were leaving Durham Town Roger Whittaker
    25. You're gonna meet some gentle people there San Francisco Scott McKenzie
    26. As I stood there in the morning rain I had a feeling I can't explain Lost In France Bonnie Tyler
    27. People they rush everywhere Each with their own secret care Ferry Cross The Mesey Gerry and the Pacemakers
    28. Council estates or tower blocks Wherever you live you get the knocks Hersham Boys Sham 69
    29. Phony Beatlemania has bitten the dust London Calling The Clash
    30. The boys of the NYPD choir Were singing Galway Bay Fairytale of New York The Pogues
    31. But Terry and Julie cross over the river Where they feel safe and sound Waterloo Sunset The Kinks
    32. There'll be love and laughter And peace ever after White Cliffs of Dover Vera Lynn
    33. And when she shines, she really shows you all she can Rio Duran Duran
    34. She once was a true love of mine Scarborough Fair Simon & Garfunkel
    35. Flew in from Miami Beach B.O.A.C Back in the USSR The Beatles
    36. Put a hundred down and buy a car In a week, maybe two, they'll make you a star Do you Know the Way to San Jose Dionne Warwick
    37. I kept my promise Don't keep your distance Don't Cry For Me Argentina Julie Covington/Elaine Paige/Madonna
    38. You'd see them wearing their baggies Huarache sandals too Surfin' USA The Beach Boys
    39. A man in the dark in a picture frame so mystic and soulful Vienna Ultravox
    40. There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do Africa Toto
    41. My heart going "Boom-boom-boom" Solsbury Hill Peter Gabriel
    42. The town that Billy Sunday couldn't shut down Chicago Frank Sinatra
    43. Got a whole lot of money that's ready to burn So get those stakes up higher Viva Las Vega Elvis Presley
    44. Why they changed it I can't say People just liked it better that way Istanbul (not Constantinople) The Four Lads
    45. Yesterday's paper Telling yesterday's news Streets of London Ralph McTell
    46. Shine a light, shine the light Shine the light, won't you shine the light? Philadelphia Freedom Elton John
    47. In my mind there's a face On my lips there's a name From New York to LA Patsy Gallant
    48. She'll find the note I left hangin' On her door By the Time I Get To Phoenix Glen Campbell
    49. You didn't do nothing You let her walk by Winchester Cathedral The New Vaudeville Band
    50. He said he's going back to find (Going back to find) Midnight Train To Georgia Gladys Knight & The Pips
    51. I'll be your clown or your puppet or your April Fool Long Haired Lover From Liverpool Little Jimmy Osmond
    52. Oh, I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien Englishman in New York Sting
    53. I'll be longing for the day That I will be in Greenville again Mississippi *****cat
    54. I'll give you eyes of blue I'll give you a man who wants to rule the world China Girl David Bowie
    55. Animal carpet wall-to-wall American ladies five-foot tall in blue Marrakesh Express Crosby, Stills & Nash
    56. Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land? Rivers of Babylon Boney M
    57. The creme de la creme of the chess world In a show with everything but Yul Brynner One Night In Bangkok Murray Head
    58. Foreign types with the hookah pipes say (Whey oh whey oh, ay oh whey oh) Walk Like an Egyptian The Bangles
    59. Every night I've been hugging my pillow Is This The Way to Amarillo Tony Christie
    60. Fly away on Coconut Airways Fly me high Barbados Typically Tropical

Last edited by CAMiller; 03-03-2023 at 12:03 AM.

In case folk didn't know and with reference to the clue I gave, Montana is known as The Big Sky state, exemplified by this photo I took there a few years ago.

Name:  BigSky.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  59.6 KB
    Last edited by CAMiller; 03-03-2023 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    In case folk didn't know and with reference to the clue I gave, Montana is known as The Big Sky state, exemplified by this photo I took there a few years ago.

Name:  BigSky.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  59.6 KB
    Ah - couldn’t work out where you were going with that!

Particularly enjoying these last couple of quizzes, CAM, with their wide ranging time-frames. This last one has been a real boon to chronic jet lag - thank you!
    Last edited by CAMiller; 03-03-2023 at 05:56 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast