+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it over yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    You will never understand, BT, because you have never served and experienced the respect for our Armed Forces throughout a lot of countries.
    I also forgot to mention the splendid programme of British music that was played in the Abbey, both old and new compositions playing their part in a wonderful spectacle.
    I was more concerned to here the tune the Metropolitan Police were playing Supersub6. Arresting and detaining whoever they considered to be potential anti-monarchy protesters without trial or justifiable reason.

Attachment 24153

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I was more concerned to here the tune the Metropolitan Police were playing Supersub6. Arresting and detaining whoever they considered to be potential anti-monarchy protesters without trial or justifiable reason.
    Good to see the police doing what we pay them for once.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Good to see the police doing what we pay them for once.
    The nonsense excuses from the Metropolitan Police that they were acting on a "potential risk and policing proportionately" must be challenged, arbitrary arrests are the stuff of Putin & the CCP.

The nonsense excuses from the Metropolitan Police that they were acting on a "potential risk and policing proportionately" must be challenged, arbitrary arrests are the stuff of Putin & the CCP.
    There were hundreds of protesters there, I saw them with my own eyes, wearing yellow T shirts, some were interviewed live, certainly on Sky News anyway, so protests were quite rightly allowed. If the police suspect that certain individuals or organisations were planning to actively disrupt proceedings, and they certainly were, then they should take steps to prevent such disruptions. Law abiding citizens have the right to go about their daily lives without let or hindrance, lawfully organised events should be allowed to proceed without let or hindrance, and it is the duty of our police to ensure that they do. For once they carried out out their duties on behalf of the vast majority of law abiding citizens effectively, for which they deserve much credit and our thanks.

There were hundreds of protesters there, I saw them with my own eyes, wearing yellow T shirts, some were interviewed live, certainly on Sky News anyway, so protests were quite rightly allowed. If the police suspect that certain individuals or organisations were planning to actively disrupt proceedings, and they certainly were, then they should take steps to prevent such disruptions. Law abiding citizens have the right to go about their daily lives without let or hindrance, lawfully organised events should be allowed to proceed without let or hindrance, and it is the duty of our police to ensure that they do. For once they carried out out their duties on behalf of the vast majority of law abiding citizens effectively, for which they deserve much credit and our thanks.
    Don't you ever dare moan to me ever again about enforced and draconian police measures to prosecute anti-Covid measures protesters.

Don't you ever dare moan to me ever again about enforced and draconian police measures to prosecute anti-Covid measures protesters.
    I'm not aware that anti-covid protestors ever tried to block roads, obstruct ambulances, chain themselves to Grand National fences, plan to set off rape alarms in the vicinity of horses or attempt to disrupt events or inconvenience the general public in any way. Thus imo the actions the police took against them were on occasions excessive. The actions of the police yesterday were in the interests of publc safety and keeping the peace, they were entirely justified. In fact, it's such a trivial issue, police uphold the law shock, that I have no idea why the media are even bothering to cover it, or why it's being discussed on here.

Seems to me that it's the usual middle-class to$$ers throwing their toys out of the pram because, for once, the police did ther job and they didn't get to play their silly games.

I'm not aware that anti-covid protestors ever tried to block roads, obstruct ambulances, chain themselves to Grand National fences, plan to set off rape alarms in the vicinity of horses or attempt to disrupt events or inconvenience the general public in any way. Thus imo the actions the police took against them were on occasions excessive. The actions of the police yesterday were in the interests of publc safety and keeping the peace, they were entirely justified. In fact, it's such a trivial issue, police uphold the law shock, that I have no idea why the media are even bothering to cover it, or why it's being discussed on here.

Seems to me that it's the usual middle-class to$$ers throwing their toys out of the pram because, for once, the police did ther job and they didn't get to play their silly games.
    It's all over now. Until the next time.

Quite right sinkov. When you have the odious individual, who threw eggs at King Charles and was put under a restrictive order, doing his thing in London contrary to the restrictions placed on him and then doing interview saying that he was marched away by the police, who had to protect him from the Monarchists (his words) and then had to do exactly the same when they brought him back because people were baying for his blood ---perhaps the police did the right thing for his own safety, as I have already said. Personally, I would have just left him to his own devices and turned a blind eye to what may or may not happen. AFter all, we live in a democracy and all is fair in love and protests.

The police acting in the interests of those protesting to keep them safe because you don't know what threats were made by some ofthose honest, decent people who just wished to celebrate the occasion.
    The protesters go in order to look for trouble, the police are there to keep order. They did so by keeping these protesters safe and away from danger. You know that, by their actions, many protesters have no respect for the law of the land, however, they still complain when they are being kept away from danger as was proved yesterday. Ask yourself, why was there no trouble? The answer is because the police foresaw possible danger and were proactive rather than waiting and having to be reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The police acting in the interests of those protesting to keep them safe because you don't know what threats were made by some ofthose honest, decent people who just wished to celebrate the occasion.
    The protesters go in order to look for trouble, the police are there to keep order. They did so by keeping these protesters safe and away from danger. You know that, by their actions, many protesters have no respect for the law of the land, however, they still complain when they are being kept away from danger as was proved yesterday. Ask yourself, why was there no trouble? The answer is because the police foresaw possible danger and were proactive rather than waiting and having to be reactive.
    The Police State has now taken over, you are now seriously suggesting the right to protest is over and we should be locked up to keep us safe. Seriously?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)