+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Connor turns down 2nd offer from Notts

Quote Originally Posted by 2piesonmyshirt View Post
    Two songs come to mind;
    1. Time to go, time to go .........
    2. Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio ....
    Don’t get me wrong, would love to have him for another year. But as KN says, we only want players that want to be here.
    He might want to be here, but if the contract is poor in his eyes then he as to look after himself and his family. Like you and anybody else at work if he can get a better deal elsewhere then good luck to him.

Why would AH offer him a poor contract, and we only have tallpie's word for it that he was? Alan Hardy has been splashing the cash elsewhere to boost the squad, why would he think O'Connor deserves less than others? If it's a fact that the money was there but the length of contract wasn't, then there must be a reason for it. His fitness must come into consideration and O'Connor must know it, as would Nolan, and it would be him that decides a player's capability of surviving the physicallities of a full League 2 campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    We don't have a target man, so either we will be changing style or we wont be doing anything this season
    We didnt have one last season, but that didnt stop us hoofing the ball to a guy who couldnt head one or stay on his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We didnt have one last season, but that didnt stop us hoofing the ball to a guy who couldnt head one or stay on his feet.
    You got a season ticket next season durham ? If yes, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    We don't have a target man, so either we will be changing style or we wont be doing anything this season
    We still have Stead, don't we? In any case we have two new strikers who, I would imagine, would prefer the passing game from a changed midfield, and League 2 defenders have ALWAYS given it the big boot - well ours have - AANNNDDD! Mr Hardy seems to indicate we haven't finished in the transfer business yet.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You got a season ticket next season durham ? If yes, why?
    I live in hope navypie that one day i may once again see the flowing football that we used to play, with the like of Carter, Scanlon. Mair, Bradd and so on. Yes i have a season ticket for next season and yes i will go to all home and away games.. The football that Nolan employs is dredfull to watch, regardless of the result. And i dont expect things to change very soon..

I would suspect that Mr Hardy will not accept anything less than automatic promotion this year. If we are off the pace around Xmas i could see changes being made.....

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Why would AH offer him a poor contract, and we only have tallpie's word for it that he was? Alan Hardy has been splashing the cash elsewhere to boost the squad, why would he think O'Connor deserves less than others? If it's a fact that the money was there but the length of contract wasn't, then there must be a reason for it. His fitness must come into consideration and O'Connor must know it, as would Nolan, and it would be him that decides a player's capability of surviving the physicallities of a full League 2 campaign.
    What is poor to one man might be fine to another, we don't know what was offered or what he can get elsewhere. If he as been offered a 1 year deal but can get 2or3 somewhere and possibly on more money then at his age surely it makes sense to accept it.
    Having said that I hope he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    He might want to be here, but if the contract is poor in his eyes then he as to look after himself and his family. Like you and anybody else at work if he can get a better deal elsewhere then good luck to him.
    Which is exactly why I said let him go.
    I wasn’t knocking him, just saying we are where we are, let’s move on

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I live in hope navypie that one day i may once again see the flowing football that we used to play, with the like of Carter, Scanlon. Mair, Bradd and so on. Yes i have a season ticket for next season and yes i will go to all home and away games.. The football that Nolan employs is dredfull to watch, regardless of the result. And i dont expect things to change very soon..

I would suspect that Mr Hardy will not accept anything less than automatic promotion this year. If we are off the pace around Xmas i could see changes being made.....
    This ^^^^^^

Would add that I would like O'Connor to stay, and if he wants a two year contract then offer him one. Surely if there was any doubt about his fitness they would have off loaded him....
    Last edited by Wedgie_pie; 11-06-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Agree with the last few posters.
    It surprises me though. Has he actually played 90mins since Notts helped him back to save his career?
    Players are insured against injury

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast