+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the dumfries really interested

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    The authorities at Palmerston don’t bother anyone unless they really have no other option. You’re talkiig rubbish again
    No doubt Arrol that we will simply be labelled as happy clapper, ageing and hard core loyal supporters once again. Essentially the ones that come out and support the club through thick and especially thin time without whom it would not exist.

Help spread the word folks >>>>>

i agree that to a non queens fam paying 16 quid for the standard of football available is dreadfull but also agree we cant afford to reduce it*

what i will say is whoever does queens PR needs to take a long hard look at the quality of work they do take last week we played united in a crucial play-off battle match at only £5 entry y was this not front page news of all the local papers even in the small match pre-views on the back pages nowhere did it mention the fact that it was only £5 that was the chance to get a big crowd through the gates but again queens blow the chance

Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    i agree that to a non queens fam paying 16 quid for the standard of football available is dreadfull but also agree we cant afford to reduce it*

what i will say is whoever does queens PR needs to take a long hard look at the quality of work they do take last week we played united in a crucial play-off battle match at only £5 entry y was this not front page news of all the local papers even in the small match pre-views on the back pages nowhere did it mention the fact that it was only £5 that was the chance to get a big crowd through the gates but again queens blow the chance

It was however all over social media where the poster was viewed thousands of times. Have to say though it was a disappointing crowd despite the excellent football for a fiver & kids go free special offer

once again you lot have missed the point im making ,its not me thats complaining about prices or anything in what iv said im happy with things ,its the people that currently dont come along to watch queens im talking about ,the only way these people will part with 16 quid is if it is a massive promotion or title match or to get to a cup final or something massive ,these people only expect to see the best of times for there 16 quid ,and yes i know queens prob cant sustain full time football and be a mid championship club on the crowds and income we have but the floating fan does not care about that ,all thay care about is seeing success with no interest in how much it costs .

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    No doubt Arrol that we will simply be labelled as happy clapper, ageing and hard core loyal supporters once again. Essentially the ones that come out and support the club through thick and especially thin time without whom it would not exist.

spike and arrol im one of those fans your speaking about who has supported queens through thick and thin time without whom it would exist ,youl find there will be no more than say 30 home and away games since 1983 when i started attending away games that iv mist ,so loyalty to queens is never been an issue ,most of the games iv mist have been over the last couple of seasons away games ,due to not being able to afford it as much .

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    If you find the time have a look at the prices charged by others in this league and you will fInd with the exception of Brechin our prices are much lower. We can’t do anything about the smoking but harassment by the police and stewards is a tricky one and you will have to convince the chairman on this one. I would like to see however a reduction of admission charges for the unemployed.

admin there is already a reduction for unemployed ,thay pay 9 quid if thay show proof of unemployment atm ,but its not public knowledge it isnt even stated on programs or any price info that queens put out so none of the unemployed know about it ,unless someone in the know tells them by word of mouth ,even the jobcentre doesnt know anything about it ,maybe be a good idea queens put a poster in the jobcentre stating that it costs 9 quid for unemployed and maybe get some of them through the turnstyles .

I was reading Iain McCartney's excellent ' The Queens 1919 -2004 book again there and a piece on the 63-64 season reminded me about the problems we still have getting folk into the ground . It seems the malaise started back then. This was a relegation season for Queens from the top league in Scotland, a level we haven't got back to since. Anyway , the Board had ' controversially ' sacked player manager George Farm because of the usual reasons of a lack of form and relegation a certainty. Many fans were disgusted at this vowing never to be back AND THEY DIDN'T. Our crowds nosedived from 64-5 onwards and as the book says, generations of young Doonhamers were not encouraged to go along and support the team , , , ,losing a genegation of fans . Their fathers or uncles just didn't take them. Now, I have seen our crowd stats from Ftivano in the past and his figures back this up . A complete nosedive from 1964 onwards . When you think of another ' lost' generation during the worst excesses of the Willie Harkness era in the late 70s- early 80's , it just seems that it isn't in the culture for a propoption of our public to come and watch us . Having said that though , the people that do watch us are some of the best hardcore and passionate fans around. We just need more of them.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 26-03-2018 at 12:28 PM.

You were absolutely spot - on lcfc57
    Last edited by Ftivano1; 26-03-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    You were absolutely spot - on lcfc57
    Sadly so I take no joy in being so.
    Our support just seems to be disappearing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)