+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Canaries singing to Local Press

Canaries singing to Local Press

Norwich City's Jack Stacey interview on facing Leeds United from the Norwich local press "The Pink Un".

"A lot of their quality is individual, which is very hard to deal with in terms of setting up strategically, but that's a battle on the day," he said."

"They have a set way of playing and our job for the week before the first leg is to analyse them like we would any team. We'll set up to face them in what we think is the best way possible".
    https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich...-leeds-united/

Interesting latest tactical analysis from their perspective too below, taken from their last match against Brum losing 1-0.
    So here's Ben Lee's Canaries tactical take from "The Pink Un" to ponder. 🤔
    https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich...tactical-take/

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Norwich City's Jack Stacey interview on facing Leeds United from the Norwich local press "The Pink Un".

"A lot of their quality is individual, which is very hard to deal with in terms of setting up strategically, but that's a battle on the day," he said."

"They have a set way of playing and our job for the week before the first leg is to analyse them like we would any team. We'll set up to face them in what we think is the best way possible".
    https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich...-leeds-united/

Interesting latest tactical analysis from their perspective too below, taken from their last match against Brum losing 1-0.
    So here's Ben Lee's Canaries tactical take from "The Pink Un" to ponder. 🤔
    https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich...tactical-take/
    I've not really looked yet, but I was wondering how their collective mojo might be. I'm sure they're gutted that Ipswich were promoted and it would be understandable if they would use this as an extra incentive to get the job done from their end.

I'm not sure that any of the teams in the play-offs have looked great in the past few weeks or so, which is unusual as it seems far more typical for at least one of the four to be showing decent form, often getting into the mix with a final push.

We shall see...

Been reading the Play off mojo stats - particularly on teams who finish 3rd.

8 of the last 10 seasons a team in 3rd has made the playoff final & 4 have been promoted.
    So it’s not a secret that the higher you are in the league the better your team is & the better chance you have of promotion. 🤞

But in the last 10 years only 1 team with the worst form has made it to the Final & that was Swansea City under Steve Cooper in the 2021/22 season.

Mmm, if you go back as far as the 1992/1993 season to now, the team most "out of sorts" in the last 10 match day fixtures has only been promoted 3 times, the last team being Swansea in the 2010/11 season & the other 2 being Derby in 2006/2007 & Palace in the 1996/1997 season.

So there’s thirty years of stats evidence to suggest that the side in the worst form heading into the playoffs has a 10% chance of getting promoted.

As for the "form team" argument being true ?
    Well yeah, kinda of, as in the last 5 years it’s defo been more apparent with the form team winning the play-off final 4 times !

Maybe time to get dirty & stand up to 'em as we've been far to soft as the Championship discipline stats show. 👀

The last 6 games form doesn't look promising in terms of points won by the play off participants, Southampton and Norwich 9 points, WBA 7 points and Leeds 4 points. Also I suspect that Norwich will be fired up to follow where the Tractor Boys are going and I worry about the motivation of some of our players ho may already be thinking about new clubs next season.
    I hope I'm wrong and that just for a change things go our way.

My gut feeling is we will get beat which is hardly a surprise given our play-off track record , but as Francewhite points out our last 6 games doesn't fill you with confidence does it?

However its a 3 match competition , win all 3 and we are up , simples.

Norwich sneaked through the back door and as others have pointed out they want to be rubbing shoulders with Ipswich next season.

IF the team that hammered Ipswich 4-0 turns up we will be fine , IF the team that lost 4-0 to QPR turns up........

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)