+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Jeremy corbyn

MPs Tonight LOSE bid to block No Deal

How many more times is Corbyn going to have to lose before he gets it?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    MPs Tonight LOSE bid to block No Deal

How many more times is Corbyn going to have to lose before he gets it?
    Don't get hopes too high. It seems some tories not siding with opposition on this occasion but will do so if new pm goes down the no deal route. Plus for Labour is that it leaves the way open for parliament to intervene in run up to no deal and force general election by no confidence. Starmer afterwards reapplying pressure on behalf of mps onto Corbyn to back remain openly. He's under huge pressure now.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Just correcting you old lad by using normal, impartial, non loaded definitions of Labour's 'natural position' seeing as you weren't able to maintain any sense of objectivity.

Momentum? That definition is from SimplePolitics.com, which has nice, simple, clear political definitions for children. Their conservative definition was pretty similar to your own, I'm sure you would approve. But your Labour definition, that you posted without any prompting or provocation would be unfit for the consumption of eager children willing to learn political definition.

Too blatantly biased towards the conservatives you see.

But you don't vote for them. Of course.
    I confess that I'm not sure what to make of all that.

I could be harsh and say that the fact that you are taking your politics from a site that you think suitable for children and your final sentence says something about you, but that would only risk upsetting you further.

I'm not sure where the 'prompting and provocation' comment came from. I told you what I thought without checking Wikipedia, child friendly sites or Momentum 'what to think and say' output. As far as I can see, you don't disagree with what I said, but are upset that I said it and are falling back on child suitable, inaccurate and self-contradictory definitions of what Labour stands for.

I have voted in every GE since 1983 and have never voted Tory.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Don't get hopes too high. It seems some tories not siding with opposition on this occasion but will do so if new pm goes down the no deal route. Plus for Labour is that it leaves the way open for parliament to intervene in run up to no deal and force general election by no confidence. Starmer afterwards reapplying pressure on behalf of mps onto Corbyn to back remain openly. He's under huge pressure now.
    It was all smoke and mirrors in any event. The one and only way that Parliament can block a no deal is by revoking Article 50, if they can secure a vote upon that.

Unless you can tell me otherwise, Labour have got themselves into a postion where they support Brexit, but don't want either the deal or no deal. That's a bit tricky, as I'm sure you would agree.

Bring a GE on for me. I cannot wait to see the faces of the Labour and whoever is the Conservative leader faces when the BREXIT party walks in to 10 downing street.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I confess that I'm not sure what to make of all that.

I could be harsh and say that the fact that you are taking your politics from a site that you think suitable for children and your final sentence says something about you, but that would only risk upsetting you further.

I'm not sure where the 'prompting and provocation' comment came from. I told you what I thought without checking Wikipedia, child friendly sites or Momentum 'what to think and say' output. As far as I can see, you don't disagree with what I said, but are upset that I said it and are falling back on child suitable, inaccurate and self-contradictory definitions of what Labour stands for.

I have voted in every GE since 1983 and have never voted Tory.
    How are my definitions of what labour stands for self contradictory?

I took a crystal clear definition of tory (agreed with you) and Labour (you were nowhere near). You look at all the definitions from neutral, and non momentum bodies that you like. None will define them as you define them. I used the simplest definition from a simple site. Care to post another definition of labour's natural ground from a more 'grown up' neutral dictionary that concurs with your 'party of benefits' slant? Go on, try it.

I think it's quite clear to anyone that I agree with your tory definition, as that fits in with most definitions from a neutral point of view. But you rather embarrassed yourself, and are continuing to dig yourself further with your squirming, by defining labour in a way that a 12 year old young tory would have done. You say here, with a pride that even Alan Partridge would struggle to muster, that you "told me what I thought without consulting wikipedia". That would be great if what you thought wasn't so embarrassingly vacuous, shallow and let's be Frank desperately in need of a smidgen of objectjective research support from Wiki or anywhere. You say you haven't voted tory, and aim to keep this pompous air of neautrality, but simply can't conceal the loaded venom you have for Labour. That's all well and good, completely fine with that, but if your two definitions of the main parties is anything to go by, surely you can see why no one on here believes you?

They will be exposed for what they are long before that big lad.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    It was all smoke and mirrors in any event. The one and only way that Parliament can block a no deal is by revoking Article 50, if they can secure a vote upon that.

Unless you can tell me otherwise, Labour have got themselves into a postion where they support Brexit, but don't want either the deal or no deal. That's a bit tricky, as I'm sure you would agree.
    Yep, pretty much agree with that. They wanted to compromise further, tried and failed, but that's past now. They have to change tack.

If you don't vote Tory Kerr I am completely at a loss who you do vote for. You obviously don't vote labour since you slag them off all the time on just about every policy. Then again you don't particularly sing the praises of any other political party only getting behind Tory policies. If you ain't a tory voter you really should be. In fact I would go further than that and say you should join them and go out campaigning at the next election. I'm sure you would make a very good Tory councillor at least. Go for it. Don't be ashamed to wear your blue rosette with pride like GM does.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    They will be exposed for what they are long before that big lad.
    What are they roly?

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast