+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DABs the most undesirable club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    No but we had the small matter of the quarter and semi finals of the European Cup to shoehorn into a ridiculously full schedule playing three times a week. I think the point the poster who brought it up was making was that that side was lauded by the media at the time e.g. the respected writer, broadcaster and football historian Bob Crampsey who described the Dundee team of their title winning season and their European exploits the following season as the finest side he witnessed in Scottish football. Despite this fulsome praise and the excitement and good feeling the support had for their team at the time they never resorted to the hyperbole that afflicted the United support with their world famous nonsense.I

However back to the OP and Dundee United and by association their support being synonyms for Idiots/Idiotic. Folk might wonder where it all came from then along comes a DAB (substitute daft for dirty if you want) like Arabesque to prove the rule.
    Usually there's an exception that proves a rule - that lot are deluded ****wits, no exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Usually there's an exception that proves a rule - that lot are deluded ****wits, no exceptions.
    Dundee also finished bottom of their League Cup Group. United finished above them in that too. Nobody saying Dundee were a decent side but United had their measure domestically

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post
    Dundee also finished bottom of their League Cup Group. United finished above them in that too. Nobody saying Dundee were a decent side but United had their measure domestically
    Measure domestically what a load of sh1te. I just love the way that DABs cherrypick their stats and timescales to their own ends. I thought your lot's history didn't even start until the later 70s because that's all we ever hear from them. Just disregard half of your history when United were nonentities just to tart up the history of the second half of your existence, why don't you? Now that your lot have gone back to being nonentities you're on here havering pish about the early 60s. Well, back to cherrypicking, from season 61/62 through season 67/68, seven seasons, Dundee finished above United in five of them to United's two.
    Now maybe you can give us all peace and slink back to Dayglo' Mad and worry about your promotion prospects or whether you can survive your current debt predicament. I'll save you the effort of reminding us about our money problems of the past. It's just great fun watching your lot make the same mistakes.

They certainly like t cherry pick their facts don't they? Just like their club grabs attendance figures out of thin air.

Deluded, top to bottom.

AKA Shedka

Quote Originally Posted by davydook View Post
    AKA Shedka
    Explains a lot!!

Talking

Measure domestically what a load of sh1te. I just love the way that DABs cherrypick their stats and timescales to their own ends. I thought your lot's history didn't even start until the later 70s because that's all we ever hear from them. Just disregard half of your history when United were nonentities just to tart up the history of the second half of your existence, why don't you? Now that your lot have gone back to being nonentities you're on here havering pish about the early 60s. Well, back to cherrypicking, from season 61/62 through season 67/68, seven seasons, Dundee finished above United in five of them to United's two.
    Now maybe you can give us all peace and slink back to Dayglo' Mad and worry about your promotion prospects or whether you can survive your current debt predicament. I'll save you the effort of reminding us about our money problems of the past. It's just great fun watching your lot make the same mistakes.
    OK so you don't want the head to head totals

Explains a lot!!
    I've been posting on and off for 2 decades with same username. Suspect Utd have more than a couple of posters to fill in your gaps of knowledge. Anyway think we've exhausted topic.

OK so you don't want the head to head totals
    When in your prime there weee 4 derbies a season, but during your first 40 years you were in a league below this the head to head is as it is

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    When in your prime there weee 4 derbies a season, but during your first 40 years you were in a league below this the head to head is as it is
    Was talking about 60's head to heads league games when you had your acclaimed side. Dont have them to hand but pretty sure Utd well ahead. If any of you have them feel free to post.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)