+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Mr George Floyd RIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    When this unfortunate individual was allegedly suffocated by the police he was apparently high on meth, apparently used stolen money and had definitely had several previous stints in prison. As a direct result of this several hundred million (billion?) dollars worth of damage has been caused by rioters, looters, protestors and so on. Cops at fault or U.S. society? Perhaps a cunning way for Trump to hide the Corona headline? However the way the police reacted was wrong and they are nasty racist and so on according to opinion. In the meantime everyone jumps on the social media bandwagon and posts about how black lives matter and so on and so forth, most of it being a load of of token horse manure because if they don't they might lose business / popularity and so on. I'm at a loss. Still 70AU cents to the dollar again. Glad I live in nowheresville.

*******s to the USA.
    Reread this post, Queenie. I accept you're no racist and that you've had to plough your own furrow. However, I can see why DSR jumped to the conclusions he did (but now seems to have stepped back from).
    For example, the way you have worded it makes it look like you blame the criminality of George Floyd for the rioting and looting that has followed, ('as a direct result of this').
    For example, in another post, you look forward to the return of Tarquin Beech. If you cannot see the inherent racism in the bulk of his posts then you don't recognise racism when it stands up and shouts at you.
    Most Brits and over 95% of those on this board think racism is something imagined by the BAME communities. In this regard, the current review into why so many more BAME folk have suffered from Covid-19 than 'whites' should prove interesting reading.
    You, like me, are English born and bred. Are we in a good position to see the injustices suffered by BAME communities? The best we can do is to listen hard and make the best judgements we can.
    Last edited by sidders; 06-06-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Reread this post, Queenie. I accept you're no racist and that you've had to plough your own furrow. However, I can see why DSR jumped to the conclusions he did (but now seems to have stepped back from).
    For example, the way you have worded it makes it look like you blame the criminality of George Floyd for the rioting and looting that has followed, ('as a direct result of this').
    For example, in another post, you look forward to the return of Tarquin Beech. If you cannot see the inherent racism in the bulk of his posts then you don't recognise racism when it stands up and shouts at you.
    Most Brits and over 95% of those on this board think racism is something imagined by the BAME communities. In this regard, the current review into why so many more BAME folk have suffered from Covid-19 than 'whites' should prove interesting reading.
    You, like me, are English born and bred. Are we in a good position to see the injustices suffered by BAME communities? The best we can do is to listen hard and make the best judgements we can.
    I certainly take on board that my wording wasn't the best. I can't say I've been looking at Tarkers past posts as racist but perhaps I am wrong. I do not think most Brits think racism is imagined. However I do think racism still isn't properly defined. Is calling me a POM racist? I get called it every day. Some would say that's racist. I agree with your last paragraph. QP.