+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Yiadom Transfer Off

Twinned with Rotterdam actually Roma

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Its a 4 hour train journey. Its not exactly other side of the world. He could easily go home a couple of nights a week. Its not as if they train everyday. I do sympathise but you'd think a footballer would have plenty of other things to occupy him given the good money they receive.
    EXACTLY Ponty, it bugs me when these modern day footballers get wrapped up in cotton wool when they are on ridiculous money, the sort of money we could all only ever dream about earning.
    And Yorkshireborn, you ask "would he be homesick if it was a prem club". Well thats a very good question, and it might be more relevant here than what we think.

Disappointed in some respects , obviously had a nice steady upbringing ? No upsets or owt arta ordinary ? Hope it stays fine for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Disappointed in some respects , obviously had a nice steady upbringing ? No upsets or owt arta ordinary ? Hope it stays fine for ya
    What, are you asking me that Roma kid!!. lol
    (and if so, what exactly does that mean ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

Seems simple enough to me [oddly]

Kid ?? Not just you Acido Nip " if you've never tried you'll never know " C P , and I hope you don't have to either

EXACTLY Ponty, it bugs me when these modern day footballers get wrapped up in cotton wool when they are on ridiculous money, the sort of money we could all only ever dream about earning.
    And Yorkshireborn, you ask "would he be homesick if it was a prem club". Well thats a very good question, and it might be more relevant here than what we think.

Don't be daft man it's nowt to do with money
    Stop showing your ignorance

I can remember a period similar to roma's experience when I was a lad .

My mam had to go into hospital for quite a while and my dad had to work , 3 shifts he did so there wasn't anyone to look after us .

Myself and my sister had to stay with an aunt in Shropshire for 6 weeks .

We had to be schooled there too for that period , it was horrible , hated it , missed my parents obviously and my mates , absolutely awful thing to go through in an area you don't know and when you don't know anyone either .

Now they'll say yeah but he's a grown man
    {thought I'd save them the trouble}

Like I said earlier Exile, we'll have to just disagree on this and Im certainly not going to waste my time arguing with you on this subject anymore, and I won't change my mind about it either whether you like that or not.

Roma, I just call most posters on Footymad 'kid' regardless of their age, its just a habit Ive got and I say it in conversation to people as well. And sometimes they also react like you just did, with shock. lol

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast