+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it over yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    They didn't lock them up, they arrested them and took them out of circulation and this kept everyone safe, including the thousands of innocent, law-abiding citizens who just wished to be part of a celebration which others were hell bent on trying to spoil. Kept everyone safe, which is something the police are always being criticised for not doing.
    It makes no difference to me because I think that the majority of these people are just attention seekers and have nothing better to do with their lives. Sad individuals. If they think that strongly about anything they should be trying to get elected to serve as MPs.

I eagerly await the next episode of protesters gluing themselves to roads, climbing on bridges to stop traffic, chaining theimselves to the goalpostts at the Turf tomorrow to disrupt the final game and celebrations etc., etc. ---- I wonder what you would say then BT ------ after all they have a right to protest in our democracy and we wouldn't want a police state at the Turf ----would we?
    It's a pity that I am away at the moment because it owuld have been one way of attending the match along with a few of my dissruptive, service friends.
    If the protests is peaceful then surely it is the duty of the police to protect the protestors from those who would do them harm and not to stop the protest. Otherwise we have a dictatorship of the majority. Progress has been made because of malcontents. To dismiss the all as
    attention seekers is facile nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap in MN View Post
    If the protests is peaceful then surely it is the duty of the police to protect the protestors from those who would do them harm and not to stop the protest. Otherwise we have a dictatorship of the majority. Progress has been made because of malcontents. To dismiss the all as
    attention seekers is facile nonsense.
    The police took 52 people out of circulation, they did not stop the hundreds of protesters from protesting. There was no additional trouble, therefore, the police ensured that there was public order and the public were protected. As usual, certain parts of the media have latched onto this non-event and are using it to pursue an agenda against the police.
    Facile nonsense or not, they are still attention seekers and will always get the attention they crave from certain media outlets.
    I've seen protesters throughout my 76 years and they have achieved bugger all, including all the anti-nuclear lot who campaigned for ever ---- I see that they were really successful because there is no longer any nuclear threat except for .....................
    Carry on Protesting ---great idea for a film.

British history is a lot longer than 76yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The police took 52 people out of circulation, they did not stop the hundreds of protesters from protesting. There was no additional trouble, therefore, the police ensured that there was public order and the public were protected. As usual, certain parts of the media have latched onto this non-event and are using it to pursue an agenda against the police.
    Facile nonsense or not, they are still attention seekers and will always get the attention they crave from certain media outlets.
    I've seen protesters throughout my 76 years and they have achieved bugger all, including all the anti-nuclear lot who campaigned for ever ---- I see that they were really successful because there is no longer any nuclear threat except for .....................
    Carry on Protesting ---great idea for a film.
    Do we still think " The divine right of kings" is a good idea? The people who struggled to expand the franchise just sought
    attention? The demands of the much maligned chartists were all met by 1918 except one. The suffragettes were force fed because they had nothing better to do that day? Even in your lifetime and mine there have been significant reforms. And by significant I mean they matter to large number of human beings. I refer to the changes in the laws concerning homo***uals. Reforms to the House of Lords is another that was long overdue. To get things changed you have to get your ideas noticed and in this sense you have to get attention. To lump together every attempt at reform as attention seeking IS facile nonsense.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)