+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t - them!

It appears that Belgium could change their whole FN team for the England game.

Yup GB i think they might - doesnt matter according my media they have won it anyway PMSL

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It appears that Belgium could change their whole FN team for the England game.
    How long between the Colombia group being decided and teams submitting their teamlines? Colombia win, Japan draw and it's Colombia top. Japan win and they're top. Gonna look affy daft if they put out a "B" team, finish second then still have to face Colombia. Senegal could still get there too if they draw with Colombia.

Colombia are definitely the team to avoid in that group.

If they are second then maybe both England and Belgium may be trying to lose to avoid them.

Could make for an interesting match just each shoot into their own goal assisted by the goalkeeper - a new sport is born. Could end up a bit like Gaelic football

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    The round of 16 set up is actually a bit of a joke. It's surely not right that in a cup tournament, it's already pre determined who you're likely to get before a ball is kicked. Instead why don't they have a further draw immediately after the groups for the round of 16. Group winners earn a seeding, runners up non seeded. Therefore the incentive is there to win the group and avoid 'match fixing' so as to deliberately dodge a certain team in the next round.
    That makes a lot of sense JYM. Can you email FIFA? There are going to be a lot of 'funny' games over the next 3 days. I guess it makes for some intrigue at least.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    That makes a lot of sense JYM. Can you email FIFA? There are going to be a lot of 'funny' games over the next 3 days. I guess it makes for some intrigue at least.
    Wouldnt be right though if a FIFA tournament didn’t have some kind of jiggery pokery going on

As for ‘funny game’ I’ll reserve that one for when the mighty, all conquering engurlund team get papped oot

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    How long between the Colombia group being decided and teams submitting their teamlines? Colombia win, Japan draw and it's Colombia top. Japan win and they're top. Gonna look affy daft if they put out a "B" team, finish second then still have to face Colombia. Senegal could still get there too if they draw with Colombia.
    First games finish just before 17.00 with the second games starting at 19.00 so there is time to amend a lineup. Saying that I doubt many coaches would want to leave their players not knowing if they're playing just 2 hours before a match.

See the so called minnows in this? How many of them would you realistically expect a full stength Scotland to beat?
    Comedy replies all acceptable..

Mass hysteria is setting in down south and England are the bookies biggest liability,having started the tournament at 18/1 they have been backed into 9/1.The other day a game scheduled for Talk Sport was shifted over to Talk Sport 2( which is only available up here on digital)so they could spend around 6 hours discussing England.
    What they are not factoring in is how easy their group is compared to some of the giants of the game,they are purring over the Germans and Brazil struggling but they have played,Mexico,Sweden,Switzerland and Costa Rica,all of them have a decent world cup pedigree compared to Panama and Tunisia.
    Not only did they land in a very weak group they were fortunate to get Belgium last game because i am certain a full strength Belgium in the opening game would have blown them away and put them under huge pressure to get out of the group.Another slice of luck was landing next to group H,i backed against Poland and i never really fancied Japan with their choice of keeper but if they get Columbia i think its 50/50 any of the other 2 still in it and its the quarter finals at least.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    See the so called minnows in this? How many of them would you realistically expect a full stength Scotland to beat?
    Comedy replies all acceptable..
    Honest reply coming up mate.

Panama we would have beaten.
    Tunisia draw(England's group has 2 minnows).
    Saudia Arabia draw at best.
    Egypt draw at best.
    Morocco would have beaten us again.
    Iran would have been even harder than 1978,nae points!.
    Australia(The Organ Grinder singing waltzing Matilda in the stand) a hard fought draw.
    Iceland one point better than England managed .
    Nigeria,we could use the excuse that their strips dazzled us as we slumped to defeat.
    Costa Rica,its 1990 all over again i'm afraid.
    South Korea,thank phuck that country is split in two as we hold out for a draw.
    Japan,Tora Tora Tora and nae points
    Senegal another humbling fae our African cousin's.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)