+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: O/T Question Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Labour may not be ready to govern but they can't be any worse than what we have. They might even be more willing to implement Brexit, because Corbyn sure as Hell likes the idea. I'm sure there will be an insignificant little rebellion by the look at me brigade and the Party from Hell may well be formed. Chucky Omoaner and that awful Soubry woman will be prime candidates, along with Dale Winton lookalike Chris Leslie and Clegg.

In past times, a breakaway has been enough to wreck Labour and ensure Tory rule for what seemed like an eternity, but now if May welches on Brexit, the electorate will never forgive her and either there will be a split off to the right from them or UKIP will rise from its grave.
    He does like the idea but he's pro free movement so that would be a soft Brexit and the worst possible outcome for the whole country, may as well be all in than out but paying in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Macron came from nowhere to defeat the right in France, but I think we are too entrenched in two-party politics over here for that to happen by the next general election.
    But the 2 main parties in France were ignored and the right got 35% of the vote. What with what happened in Austria, Italy and not forgetting Trump it might become a bit scary even over here.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    But the 2 main parties in France were ignored and the right got 35% of the vote. What with what happened in Austria, Italy and not forgetting Trump it might become a bit scary even over here.
    But which party here offers a 'lurch to the right' from the current incumbents? Only a complete moron (hello Tricky) would vote UKIP as they are actually in an even worse mess than the Tories. They can't even find a credible leader let alone form a cabinet and a government. The only other options are the far right such as EDL, and they would struggle to get more than 2% of the national vote. We are stuck with Labour and Conservative, and neither inspire confidence.

The thing is, if you really want democracy then surely the most fitting way to democratically represent a 52/48 split would be a very soft Brexit, but neither side seem to want that.
    On the leaflet that was sent to every household in the country I cannot remember any mention of a soft Brexit nor indeed a hard Brexit, what I can remember is a stark warning to think very carefully before casting your vote because the result would be binding & NO WAY would you get a 2nd chance, it now seems that this was only the case if the vote went the way that the powers wanted.

But which party here offers a 'lurch to the right' from the current incumbents? Only a complete moron (hello Tricky) would vote UKIP as they are actually in an even worse mess than the Tories. They can't even find a credible leader let alone form a cabinet and a government. The only other options are the far right such as EDL, and they would struggle to get more than 2% of the national vote. We are stuck with Labour and Conservative, and neither inspire confidence.
    Can't help yourself can you?

Twist/bend/insinuate. Pathetic really.
    I brought up UKIP, not because I expect them to be in government or brilliant.
    They are a protest party vote to rock the boat.
    As I said, expect most of the 17.4 to do something similar again.
    It's time the smirk was wiped off these idiots faces.
    Corbyn/May/Cable absolutely useless and so out of touch with any majority.

It's a pity Lord Sutch isn't still around. Now would be his time.

'It's a pity Lord Sutch isn't still around. Now would be his time'.

You have a real handle on politics tricky.

Never mind though, Nigel is going on LBC at 7.00 to reveal his next political step.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I brought up UKIP, not because I expect them to be in government or brilliant. They are a protest party vote to rock the boat.

As I said, expect most of the 17.4 to do something similar again.
    That post sums up the sheer stupidity of your argument better than I ever could. If as you predict, most of the 17.4 million do something similar we could end up with UKIP ruining (sorry, I meant to type running) the country! We won't of course, because luckily most of the electorate aren't as thick as you. Keep shagging your blow-up Farage doll, it's as close as you'll get to satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    'It's a pity Lord Sutch isn't still around. Now would be his time'.

You have a real handle on politics tricky.

Never mind though, Nigel is going on LBC at 7.00 to reveal his next political step.
    Second step surely, the first will be to extract himself from whichever of Donald Trump's orifices he's currently occupying.

That post sums up the sheer stupidity of your argument better than I ever could. If as you predict, most of the 17.4 million do something similar we could end up with UKIP ruining (sorry, I meant to type running) the country! We won't of course, because luckily most of the electorate aren't as thick as you. Keep shagging your blow-up Farage doll, it's as close as you'll get to satisfaction.
    But if there is a protest vote who do you think the people would vote for? The remain camp have never stopped moaning and trying to overturn a democratic vote yet you seem to think the leave voters will just think ok we were wrong and accept brexit not happening. In another post you ask who from the right wing is there to vote for and then at the same time say Macron came from nowhere to win the French election, so who knows.
    Old Harold's a week is a long time in politics quote couldn't be more accurate.

Well, Tricky is not the only 'thick' member of the electorate in this speedily downward spiralling Country. I have even gone one step further down your road of mental and intellectual incapacity. As a result of the pathetic and incompetent Tory party and a contemptible and equally incompetent Labour party I have renewed my UKIP membership. This has nothing to do with Farage, rather than my belief that the two party political trap that we are in needs to be broken and if I continue to vote into that system it will just self perpetuate. In the words of Einstein "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." I am fed up with this seemingly inescapable political merry go round and view it as one big con. The politicians are complacent and self preserving, knowing that they will never be replaced as they have the public duped into believing that there is no credible alternative and anything else is a wasted vote. This is an illusion and a lie! Though UKIP may not be the perfect solution it at least provides some alternative as a voice and if the issue of Brexit is fudged, as much as everyone may deride and sneer, UKIP will grow in popularity in the same way it did to force the referendum in the first place. It may never get to government but can be a great influence on the political stage and in some way, maybe achieve the impossible, by keeping serving politicians honest and accountable!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast