+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 228 of 530 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Whilst not being averse to the return of Christie, any available dough should be directed towards glaring gaps in our squad - right back/centre back, left back, right wing and striker. Christie would duplicate Forrester by the sounds of it, when McGinn or Wright (better in a more central area than as a winger, IMHO) could already fill in the abscene of Forrester, if needed.

In this fictional happy clapper v pant p1sher argument, I tend to tick the former box, but even I'm scratching my head at DMs current (apparent lack of) transfer strategy. The Danny Rodgers situation is clean off the top shelf, as is the apparent inability to have sourced a right back/centre half, when he's had ages to sort it out. Then he goes against all previous policy and takes in a trialist, and a sh1te one at that.

Pants are dry, though
    Agree.
    As said above, “10” is way down the list of priorities.
    I’m getting scunnered with the lack of transfer business.
    I know it’s our way now, but there’s not even a hint of anything.... aside from this donkey released by Hearts in January.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    I'd certainly think McInnes will be interested in Hayes, Christie, Allan and Morgan and especially the first two.

It might explain our lack of activity if two of our signings are planned to be Hayes and Christie. Celtic could well be waiting for their four world cup players to return from holiday and for them to get a signing or two through the door themselves.

There is absolutely no way we are signing 2 players from Celtic in this transfer window. We couldn’t even coax a guy from relegated Ross County to come and play for us and couldn’t pay for a lad from Doncaster.
    We are f@cked, a guy who hasn’t played for 6 months (hardly played) is about as good as it gets thanks to our superb run club. (We haven’t even signed him yet)

I see Mallan has scored twice on his Hibs debut - he would’ve been a classic McInnes type signing but didn’t hear any suggestion that we made him an offer. They’ve also sourced a top striker in Kamberi and I expect Swanson will be more of a player for them this year. I suspect they’ll get Christie, Allan or Morgan from Celtic on loan if they accept an offer for McGinn.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    There is absolutely no way we are signing 2 players from Celtic in this transfer window. We couldn’t even coax a guy from relegated Ross County to come and play for us and couldn’t pay for a lad from Doncaster.
    We are f@cked, a guy who hasn’t played for 6 months (hardly played) is about as good as it gets thanks to our superb run club. (We haven’t even signed him yet)
    I do chuckle at some of your posts.

Naismith didn't want to stay in Scotland. That **** from Doncaster thought Scottish football was a sideways step.

Good luck to the pair of them.

Only (realistic) player I feel we have missed out on is Mallan who has signed for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I do chuckle at some of your posts.

Naismith didn't want to stay in Scotland. That **** from Doncaster thought Scottish football was a sideways step.

Good luck to the pair of them.

Only (realistic) player I feel we have missed out on is Mallan who has signed for Hibs.
    I'd say we have missed out on more than that, otherwise i'm shocked by our management/board allowing us to be 2 weeks out from a huge European tie with only 3 additions after 10/11 going the other way leading to us having a lack of depth within the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    Do you watch Angers often then? I struggle to imagine how anyone on here could know how a cheap signing at a crap French team was performing on a weekly basis.

According to Soccerbase he never played at all v's Monaco last season and against PSG he was a sub in one match and was subbed in the other.
    I heard it somewhere re his performance vs PSG. Ive watched some highlights of angers before

Think he cost Angers 2M?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Agreed.
    As I said, it’s bargain basement desperation.
    I seriously doubt Nowak would get a game with more than 3 or 4 teams in the league.
    I’d love to know how many options we’ve gone through to get as far down as Nowak.

Fully expect a Monakana type wide player to be brought in too.

Hope I’m wrong, the evidence so far says I won’t be.
    Someone on afc chat saying Wallace might be signing as spotted in abz

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Apparently still injured.
    Maybe he's up to see his pal Kenny Miller

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Agreed.
    As I said, it’s bargain basement desperation.
    I seriously doubt Nowak would get a game with more than 3 or 4 teams in the league.
    I’d love to know how many options we’ve gone through to get as far down as Nowak.

Fully expect a Monakana type wide player to be brought in too.

Hope I’m wrong, the evidence so far says I won’t be.
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Apparently still injured.
    Maybe he's up to see his pal Kenny Miller
    Im desperate for a signing id take him hes a capable LB

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    They’re all zoomers on there.
    So I’ll say pish.
    If we sign a left back in this window I’ll be staggered.

Page 228 of 530 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast