+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    Like him his back room staff are from lochee united there lies all the problems
    Ray's after match comments are absolutely astounding and sickening,if he didn't see Saturday coming he should resign at once because everyone else watching us new we would get tanked if we played the same way as Brechin.

Ray has never got United playing well at any point of his tenure,even our best run of results last season was complete pish to watch and based on some great defensive displays and snatching goals from nowhere.
    I keep reading people saying he should have seen it coming. Think most of the predictions over the boards had us winning. Bit revisionary of folk

Plumber hasn't posted for weeks so you never read him saying we'd beat St Mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    I keep reading people saying he should have seen it coming. Think most of the predictions over the boards had us winning. Bit revisionary of folk
    Good point Otm. I predicted 1-1 so did I see it half coming?

I posted on angry arab we'd get pumped

When you seriously struggle to beat a part time team at home how could any of you really expect a win or even a decent performance since we've played pish all season so far

Try and be smart all you want if its takes away Ray's continued failings as our manager for you guys

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    What are you on about? You would rather the club had 'disappeared under the control of Jim McLean'. So all the highs that we have had in the last 15 years are completely negated by the last 3? You wouldn't have wanted to witness the Levein era, Scottish Cup win, Nads goal v Sevco at Greyskull, Johnny Russell scoring in one minute at Tanny, Armstrong, GMS, Robertson, Gauld, I could go on and on... You don't half post some rubbish on here.
    Yeh but the other half is really good!

Is it that difficult for you to see things in context??

I am comparing the culture of the McLean era with the Thompson era. Yes Wee Jim lost it towards the end of his tenure, but overall he is the best thing that has happened to our Club. Had things gone female upper naughty bits up at the end of Jim's era it could have been viewed as an unfortunate end to an unbelievable roller coaster. This Thompson era is dragging the Club through the mud and bringing shame and disgrace to the proud Club that Wee Jim made it. If the lights go out under Thompson, after all his shenanigans, it will be a lot more gut wrenchingly terrible than if Doris switched the lights off after Jim headed for the taxi.

Just for a moment try and see where the current regime are taking us? No disrespect to Eddie but there is a clear case of 'what goes around, comes around, developing at Tannadice.
    Last edited by RAM1971; 28-08-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Plumber hasn't posted for weeks so you never read him saying we'd beat St Mirren.
    Is it possible that unlike Ray, but like many others, Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician saw the St. Mirren defeat coming?

When you seriously struggle to beat a part time team at home how could any of you really expect a win or even a decent performance since we've played pish all season so far
    I though we played really well against QotS, especially given the circumstances. Tactically RM got it spot on that day.

I posted on angry arab we'd get pumped

Try and be smart all you want if its takes away Ray's continued failings as our manager for you guys
    Don't suppose you've ever predicted a win on happy arab?

Nah. Not yet. Mangers being sacked this early in the season is one of the more ridiculous developments in football over the past 15/20 years. Granted, Saturday and last week were utterly dire but it will take time for the team to come together properly and it's FAR to early to resort to drastic measures.

Thompson era was fine by me until ST decisions started to take effect. Now I just hope he goes asap. Even Justine has left the board hasn't she??

The problems with Ray are same as last season. Can he motivate players to win week in week out, jury is out on that one.

Saturday was terrible but we have 3 wins out of 4 this season

We need to win league but the time for changing manager was in the summer.

Would be mad to sack Ray now and who would possibly want to come to replace him when he's been sacked after 9pts from 4 matches, topping league cup group and to work under ST

Ray has built a decent squad on paper with no transfer money to play with and what seems a one in one out approach.

He deserves a bit of time and support to see if he can get the team playing and winning

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)