+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Then tell me.
    Let me put it this way.

When you go to a Notts County game, almost to a man, everyone is an Englishman. You have a warm sense of comradery. You all sing the same songs, chant the same chants, and have a wonderful shared history of your club and supporting them. You can go for a traditional pie and bovril served by a cheerful soul who speaks with the same accent as you.

Now let's say next time you go you are in the minority. Instead of being filled with Englishmen, the ground is filled with muslims. They're all talking some foreign language. They all have long unkempt beards. They're all wearing long flowing robes and don't want anything to do with you. You have to put up with their poor personal hygiene and bad breath (especially during ramadan!). Rather than singing traditional Notts songs, they use vuvuzelas, or chant allahu akbar! everytime a goal is scored. The pie and bovril stand is replace by a halal goat meat outlet run by Amachar Al-Al-Jabi the Holy. The chant about "Death to the Infidel!".

Is that what you want, my friend? Is that really what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I like the new guy
    Depressing but not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    In the main it would stay the same
    The days of European imperialist expansion has gone.
    The only volatile areas are the borders of Russia and Islam. I'd be more worried about NATO breaking up and when the EU forms its little private army. The EU seems hell bent on sucking in any second rate country it can and IS THE EXPANSIONIST.
    The UK is a nuclear power and would have given Junkers private army more credibility, so I'm glad we won't adding to the pressure.

It still escapes me, how folks are ignoring the fact, the EU should be no more than a working co operation. That in itself helps countries live together happily. It's trade that has been hijacked and now used as a club to bash members over the head, if you do not co operate with the push for "closer integration".
    There is only one Empire being formed here and it is the EU.
    That makes me nervous, considering countries from the old soviet bloc, broke out of a controlling state. The way the EU is trying to bully them into line over immigration, is like poking a bear with a stick. Not forgetting Yugoslavia who fought itself to a stand still to break up "forced integration".

Just another Remainer scare tactic I'm afraid. Nothing to see here, move along.
    So you're pro NATO but anti EU because the EU provokes Russia. Fair enough I read somewhere that Putin is fine with troops and missiles but gets a bit jittery when you point a Working Hours Directive at him.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yep, understand all of that and it’s a fair point but I would argue those lesser EU countries need the union considerably more than the UK does. I would also argue that until we start these negotiations we will never know just how strong or weak our position is.

Like I said I’m just frustrated with the whole sorry affair. The fact remains the ‘people’ in this country democratically voted to leave the EU, unfortunately those with the task of fulfilling the will of the people have to this point failed them miserably.
    Ok but regardless of who needs the EU more, surely we should be sure that we can get better trade deals out of the EU before leaving it? It seems to me like the best (and unlikely) scenario we can hope for is that third countries will agree to carry on with our existing deals negotiated by the EU, improving on them will be impossibile.

Quote Originally Posted by RhubarbPie View Post
    Let me put it this way.

When you go to a Notts County game, almost to a man, everyone is an Englishman. You have a warm sense of comradery. You all sing the same songs, chant the same chants, and have a wonderful shared history of your club and supporting them. You can go for a traditional pie and bovril served by a cheerful soul who speaks with the same accent as you.

Now let's say next time you go you are in the minority. Instead of being filled with Englishmen, the ground is filled with muslims. They're all talking some foreign language. They all have long unkempt beards. They're all wearing long flowing robes and don't want anything to do with you. You have to put up with their poor personal hygiene and bad breath (especially during ramadan!). Rather than singing traditional Notts songs, they use vuvuzelas, or chant allahu akbar! everytime a goal is scored. The pie and bovril stand is replace by a halal goat meat outlet run by Amachar Al-Al-Jabi the Holy. The chant about "Death to the Infidel!".

Shia nightmare vision. Still I'm not gonna Mecca big thing out of it because Sunni days would have finally returned to the Lane.

Anyway, what I want to know is what's for Half Time? White girl slave market? A bit of speed raping perhaps? Or just the routine adulteress bullet & burka combo's? I guess the coffee would all have to be decap as well?

Quote Originally Posted by RhubarbPie View Post
    Let me put it this way.

My money is on tarquin having a second username.

I guess the coffee would all have to be decap as well?

now that's funny, in a perverse sort of way.

bet I'm on the list lol. "freedom for Tooting"

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    So you're pro NATO but anti EU because the EU provokes Russia. Fair enough I read somewhere that Putin is fine with troops and missiles but gets a bit jittery when you point a Working Hours Directive at him.
    Well that's a pretty silly statement Driller.

NATO is an equal and opposite of Russia/China etc, after being set up to counteract the USSR and the Warsaw pact.
    As a result, we have had over 70 years of no conflict.
    Now the EU comes along, interferes in the likes of Ukraine, prodding the Russian bear. It has already annexed Crimea. How long before it says stuff you and moves further in?
    Why? Well no way will it sit on its hands while its own people come under Junkers little empire.
    Of course UK troops and weapons are wanted by the EU. The nuclear umbrella supplemented by France, gives them more comfort like NATO.
    If you think the working hours directive, is all the threats involved here. Then open your eyes. This is what's to come, the more these zealots are allowed to form their utopia.
    It is an expanding empire and makes some people nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well that's a pretty silly statement Driller.

NATO is an equal and opposite of Russia/China etc, after being set up to counteract the USSR and the Warsaw pact.
    As a result, we have had over 70 years of no conflict.
    Now the EU comes along, interferes in the likes of Ukraine, prodding the Russian bear. It has already annexed Crimea. How long before it says stuff you and moves further in?
    Why? Well no way will it sit on its hands while its own people come under Junkers little empire.
    Of course UK troops and weapons are wanted by the EU. The nuclear umbrella supplemented by France, gives them more comfort like NATO.
    If you think the working hours directive, is all the threats involved here. Then open your eyes. This is what's to come, the more these zealots are allowed to form their utopia.
    It is an expanding empire and makes some people nervous.
    Priceless.

Ok well I suppose the sensible phase of this thread is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Do you seriously think Brexit means "We're closing the border"?

You have to be a spoof account.
    A 'spoof' account eh?

A new poster who purports to be a Leave voter and posts nothing but dergatory remarks about immigrants?

Someone's having a right laugh at his bulging, big fat net.

Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast