+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead positively

Not sure if its relevant to this thread but yesterday after 15 minutes I said to myself we are going to lose. In all my time watching United games I have never had that feeling.
    When we went 1-0 up I said to myself unless we get to 2-0 We will lose.

The failure to reel in County - which was possible - and the failure to go up via the playoffs has cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds if not millions.

Some fans will accept this failure more easily than others.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Reading some of this, Robbie better have a good start to next season or we'll be heading for groundhog day yet again. ☹️

Some people just lack the ability to look at the bigger picture and are reactionary, it's like some expected promotion via the playoffs like it was a given and hadn't prepared themselves for the very likely scenario of being in the championship

Stability required (always backed this under a decent manager which we have now) , the season just finished was anything but stable, Thankfully we seem to be building properly this time as a club and with the backing of MO I can't see anything else than a bright future, draw for the betfred cup tomorrow

Only thing I want is no derby in group stage as we have four to come in the league

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Reading some of this, Robbie better have a good start to next season or we'll be heading for groundhog day yet again. ☹️
    With the budget we have compared to the likes of Arbroath,Alloa and most of the others Robbie will be expected to have a good start and finish.If we persist with centre backs playing aimless long balls up to a lone striker promotion maybe beyond us.
    Even the Largs coaching manuals would frown on the tactics being employed at Tannadice.In the past Robbie has been praised for his coaching ability and his desire to improve his players,he really needs to step up to the plate now.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Some people just lack the ability to look at the bigger picture and are reactionary, it's like some expected promotion via the playoffs like it was a given and hadn't prepared themselves for the very likely scenario of being in the championship

Stability required (always backed this under a decent manager which we have now) , the season just finished was anything but stable, Thankfully we seem to be building properly this time as a club and with the backing of MO I can't see anything else than a bright future, draw for the betfred cup tomorrow

Only thing I want is no derby in group stage as we have four to come in the league
    I thought ST Mirren were favourites to go up before the first leg,i did not expect us to be playing for penalties and missing them all in the shoot out.Their keeper is being lauded as a hero but i think i could have saved all the penalties he faced.

Shedka, agree with your positivity, especially what you said before AND after the ties about us heading in the right direction as a club. But I don't think it makes people "cry babies " or "reactionaries" because they are asking questions and discussing how the failure occurred.

You've got every right to have your opinion and no doubt many will agree with every word but you shouldn't be looking down on those who hold some different views.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I thought ST Mirren were favourites to go up before the first leg,i did not expect us to be playing for penalties and missing them all in the shoot out.Their keeper is being lauded as a hero but i think i could have saved all the penalties he faced.

Correct, the pens we took were woeful, the best one hit the post ffs

We both agreed on here though before the tie that if it went to pens we were beat as benji is no use at pens, even if we took a few good ones I doubt we'd have come out on top, I don't agree we played for pens, was just even and neither team impressed over the two games, we weren't at our best which is annoying, they are a team with a new found spirit who in the last ten games only lost to Celtic, Hamilton would have been the better option but it wasn't to be.

Can't see any poster that's stated they expected us to win the play off final or it was a given. What I do except from my team is for them to go out and sweat blood and at least try to put 3 passes to each other, especially against substandard opposition like St Mirren.

Folk who spend vast amounts of money supporting our team home and away have a right to expect better and that's not reactionary that's fact.

I for one still back Neilson, it's far too early to call for his job and I've not seen one poster do so.

We get beaten by a pile of 5hite and don't lay a glove on them and you expect folk to take it on the chin and not say anything about it because there's always next season!!!

Loser mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Can't see any poster that's stated they expected us to win the play off final or it was a given. What I do except from my team is for them to go out and sweat blood and at least try to put 3 passes to each other, especially against substandard opposition like St Mirren.

Folk who spend vast amounts of money supporting our team home and away have a right to expect better and that's not reactionary that's fact.

I for one still back Neilson, it's far too early to call for his job and I've not seen one poster do so.

We get beaten by a pile of 5hite and don't lay a glove on them and you expect folk to take it on the chin and not say anything about it because there's always next season!!!

Loser mentality.
    Cheers. I think that's what I've been trying to say for24 hours but didn't manage it! I think he's right about getting over it - in good time - some take longer than others - but wrong having a go at posters who are prepared to admit we're poor and ask the questions why.

Nah I said it wasn't for this thread as there was a match thread, unfortunately it got hijacked a bit about the game itself but the OP very much stands

We are all disappointed about yesterday, was there and it was a sickener and a boot in the balls, they may be a pile of shyte but one that had only lost to Celtic in ten games and they didn't lay a glove on us either, very even

Its certainly not a loser mentality, losers are those that can't get over a defeat and pick themselves up, dwell on things and feel sorry for themselves and act like bairns, Winners learn and get more determined to put it right, especially given the new beginning we have just had a few months ago as a club

Who would want to be a loser and wollow in negativity with an much to be positive about going forward.... Something we haven't had in recent years

Bring it on

Nah I said it wasn't for this thread as there was a match thread, unfortunately it got hijacked a bit about the game itself but the OP very much stands

We are all disappointed about yesterday, was there and it was a sickener and a boot in the balls, they may be a pile of shyte but one that had only lost to Celtic in ten games and they didn't lay a glove on us either, very even

Its certainly not a loser mentality, losers are those that can't get over a defeat and pick themselves up, dwell on things and feel sorry for themselves and act like bairns, Winners learn and get more determined to put it right, especially given the new beginning we have just had a few months ago as a club

Who would want to be a loser and wollow in negativity with an much to be positive about going forward.... Something we haven't had in recent years

Bring it on
    Labelling decent United fans bairns because they're asking questions about the outcome is disrespectful imo.
    It's high time you realised that your opinion is just one opinion and not a tablet of truth that can't be questioned.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)