+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T terrorist attack in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    So let me summarise:

1. Someone starts a thread about a mass murder in New Zealand and expresses his condolences for those killed;
    2. GF and Jolly/Grist hijack said thread to pour out their usual tired old bigotry driven views about the Rotherham child abuse scandal (but they never seem to manage to take the time to express any sympathy for the victims of that when doing so);
    3. But it’s John who you seek to shout down and 'police' for suggesting that gf and Jolly/Grist are talking cobblers?

That’s some weird sense of morality/judgement that you have going on there sota.
    Very interesting that you should bring up the subject of sympathy
    This from someone who never offers sympathy/condolences to any one
    Go on Kerr prove me wrong with a post from the past link

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Very interesting that you should bring up the subject of sympathy
    This from someone who never offers sympathy/condolences to any one
    Go on Kerr prove me wrong with a post from the past link
    Your obsession with Kerr is quite disturbing

I think that to pass on condolences is a good thing to do BOTN but you can't divorce what happened from politics. The fact is this was carried out by people from a extreme right wing political group. They weren't some ordinary bods in the street or some lunatics. This was a planned operation.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Your obsession with Kerr is quite disturbing
    A little further explanation wouldn't go amiss as it doesn't seem to take much to disturb you does it?
    Perhaps you were already disturbed

Exile don't always agree with Kerr as you know but I think he makes some reasonable points here. I am happy to back Kerr where he does this.

A little further explanation wouldn't go amiss as it doesn't seem to take much to disturb you does it?
    Perhaps you were already disturbed
    OK - Kerr makes a post with very valid points which you choose not to comment on but decide to further your ridiculous vendetta by cherry picking a sentence which is not the main gist of his post.
    This seems to be par for the course.
    Social media obsessions can indeed be disturbing - probably just silly in your case but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Exile don't always agree with Kerr as you know but I think he makes some reasonable points here. I am happy to back Kerr where he does this.
    So he does offer condolences/sympathy does he ? Must have missed them
    My bad, with apologies

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    OK - Kerr makes a post with very valid points which you choose not to comment on but decide to further your ridiculous vendetta by cherry picking a sentence which is not the main gist of his post.
    This seems to be par for the course.
    Social media obsessions can indeed be disturbing - probably just silly in your case but who knows?
    Which valid points [plural] do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    That's it though John, it's just your opinion. Maybe it's time to turn your alarm off and let others vent and have their say without policing them.
    I expressed an opinion in response to other posters expressing an opinion (and hijacking a thread for their own political agenda).

Why do you believe my opinion should be censored but you have no issue with them airing theirs? Huge hypocrisy.

And to think people call liberals snowflakes!

Which valid points [plural] do you mean?
    That a condolences thread has been hijacked by posters with bigoted views.
    That shouting down a poster for shouting down another poster is a tad hypocritical. Perhaps you only read part of the post?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast