+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 497 of 922 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547597 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I'd just like to be one of the first to congratulate Boris on being our new PM.
    Here's hoping he gets Brexit over the line on the 31st October, the futures bright the futures Boris!

THE DREAM TEAM
    Attachment 13310
    MoP I suppose we are very lucky to have an Elitist,dishonest, lazy,racist,homophobic,PM. The man who lost £40million in a garden bridge because Joanna Lumley told him would be a good idea. Still will have plenty of our money no to "spazz up the wall" If you need me to clarify my accusations i will be glad to oblige

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    If you are going to have a referendum, which I for one would not, then the basis should be:

1. Mandatory voting, failure to vote without just cause (eg at A&E or something life threatening, not "it was raining") should be a criminal offence and dealt with accordingly. This may involve passing some enforcement legislation, which means parliamentary approval, so that probably wont happen;

2. A STV three way option (and this presumes there is a deal in place to stand as one of the options) asking the man in the street to pick one of "Remain, No Deal or Leave by Deal" and then pick a second option for when the inevitable no overall majority is achieved. This would then give a tie breaker;

3. Parliament to absolutely guarantee to enact the decision of that referendum regardless of the outcome, with no stalling, no prevarication and in the manner that the STV driven outcome dictates;

4. Absence of parliament enacting the decision within 3 months of the referendum would lead to dissolution of parliament and lifetime bans on all extant MP's for standing again.

The issue here is not that the result will go one way or the other, but rather that parliament devolved the decision to the general public, and then, when the result was not what they wanted, parliament has done everything it can to thwart that decision, even to the extent of negotiating a deal so bad that it was not acceptable to anyone. This action, even more so than Blair's war mongering, parliamentary expenses fiddles and so on has caused parliament to be held in contempt and disrepute. They must either piss or get off the pot, as my dear old granddad was wont to say.

Any weaker form of referendum (eg RA's voluntary binary one) would not get my support as it will unquestionably result in another inconclusive message, with either a second minority majority decision to leave, or a one all draw on a minority majority basis.

The punishment for failing to vote in the 2nd referendum would be for the malcontent to be sewn up in a leather sack with RA and Angry and tossed off Tower Bridge' in a latter day version of the Roman "poena cullei". Or maybe that sentence should have just ended before the word "Tower"
    What bit a Advisory Referendum do you not understand. What bit about it being the hard Brexiteers NOT voting for the withdrawal agreement, which blocked Brexit do you not understand? What bit about the withdrawal agreement and the transition period being necessary to allow the Uk to leave the EU and actually negotiate a new trade deal do you not understand?

Given May called an election and the great Uk electorate did not give her or the Tories an overwhelming mandate to enable them to effect Brexit, this *******s that leavers talk about "the will of the people" and that parliament are being undemocratic is just that, plus an illustration of just how ignorant people are as to how a representative parliament works.

Even those who I class as sentient on here seem to have a warped view of reality and those who think Boris will pull a rabbit out of the hat are living in cloud cuckoo land! But it will be fun watching him try!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    What bit a Advisory Referendum do you not understand. What bit about it being the hard Brexiteers NOT voting for the withdrawal agreement, which blocked Brexit do you not understand? What bit about the withdrawal agreement and the transition period being necessary to allow the Uk to leave the EU and actually negotiate a new trade deal do you not understand?

Given May called an election and the great Uk electorate did not give her or the Tories an overwhelming mandate to enable them to effect Brexit, this *******s that leavers talk about "the will of the people" and that parliament are being undemocratic is just that, plus an illustration of just how ignorant people are as to how a representative parliament works.

Even those who I class as sentient on here seem to have a warped view of reality and those who think Boris will pull a rabbit out of the hat are living in cloud cuckoo land! But it will be fun watching him try!
    Advisory?

Ok then, who voted it into law?
    Who voted on the activation of article 50?
    Yep it was parliament, after Gina Miller stuck her nosy **** into it, to try and undo it.

However. There has always been a hardcore of blockers on both sides of the house, who by hook or crook. Have decided they are not letting this happen at all.

Every thing here, was triggered by a public vote.
    Fail to implement it and every vote in the future will have massive repercussions to our electoral system.
    Of course you being a Europhile and federalist, this would delight you.
    Hand over everything to Brussels and let them tell us how to live our lives. Then you'll see democracy, or lack of it.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Swale, you are correct. The Bill/Act allowing the referendum did, indeed, state that it was an advisory refrendum. However, the Prime Minister who instigated it for no other reason than to try to heal the splits in his party said, time and again, that they would carry out whichever of the two choices gained the most votes. Nobody told the electorate that they were not supposed to vote Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MoP I suppose we are very lucky to have an Elitist,dishonest, lazy,racist,homophobic,PM. The man who lost £40million in a garden bridge because Joanna Lumley told him would be a good idea. Still will have plenty of our money no to "spazz up the wall" If you need me to clarify my accusations i will be glad to oblige
    No clarification needed, you obviously don't like the man.
    It would be like me trying to find positives of being a Forest supporter.
    Once we leave and it won't be long now we can all get back to normal!
    I'm also happy to leave without a deal, I'd prefer a deal but not a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    No clarification needed, you obviously don't like the man.
    It would be like me trying to find positives of being a Forest supporter.
    Once we leave and it won't be long now we can all get back to normal!
    I'm also happy to leave without a deal, I'd prefer a deal but not a bad deal.
    He also provides some very good reasons for not liking the man...I wouldn’t buy a used car off him let alone leave him in charge of the country.

You also have a very odd idea of ‘normal’ but, on the evidence of yesterday’s appointments , the lunatics do seem to have finally taken over the asylum.

What's that rA has Andy passed over moderatorship to you then? 😉😉 Happy Borisday

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    He also provides some very good reasons for not liking the man...I wouldn’t buy a used car off him let alone leave him in charge of the country.

You also have a very odd idea of ‘normal’ but, on the evidence of yesterday’s appointments , the lunatics do seem to have finally taken over the asylum.
    Emigration suddenly seem a god idea, rA?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Emigration suddenly seem a god idea, rA?
    Certainly does MA...more Andalusia than Amsterdam though perhaps.

Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Williamson, Raab, McVey all orchestrated by Cummings...God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ...God help us.
    I’ll have a word, see if he can do anything before he’s run out of town

Page 497 of 922 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547597 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)