+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 141 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

The issue of Celtic players being brought here on loan is something the club needs to listen to the fans about.

There is a huge majority of fans who don't want this. The club said at the last AGM they were listening to the fans?

Something the supporters trust (or whatever its called) should be raising if this abomination of a move goes through.

The SFA or SPFL could just change the regulations to prevent players being loaned between clubs playing in the same division. I canna even see where the Tims and the Stinky Infants gain an advantage from this, the authorities' usual reasoning, so just feckin get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    The issue of Celtic players being brought here on loan is something the club needs to listen to the fans about.

There is a huge majority of fans who don't want this. The club said at the last AGM they were listening to the fans?

Something the supporters trust (or whatever its called) should be raising if this abomination of a move goes through.
    The management and club listening to the fans about player recruitment?
    Not sure that will be something that'll catch on at any club any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We never get a settled team one season after the other these days
    Name a club in Scotland that does?
    SEVCO have more loans than us, and the Dhims have a fair few too
    It's the way of it in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    RJ pal fit like min?
    I hear fit you are saying and I kinda agree with you, however we cannot ignore the fact that Aberdeen Football Club should not be relying on players of the sub standard p1ss poor quality of the Like of Sam fkn Cosgrove if there is any ambition at all of moving on from where we currently are

SF
    I agree but I will argue the point that it is the manager who is failing the player. We all know Cosgrove plays better in a strike partnership so why on Earth would Dodgy Del play Cosgrove back himself up top? Cosgrove is of absolute no use himself and we can all see it but our esteemed manager begs to differ. It’s McInnes fault that he doesn’t get the best out the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Name a club in Scotland that does?
    SEVCO have more loans than us, and the Dhims have a fair few too
    It's the way of it in Scotland
    Im not talking about any other club though.

Barring Considine (which is a joke he is longest serving) who is our longest serving player?

Reynolds?

I would love a statto to put up a list of how long folk have been with us

Fitba in scotlands f@cked

Im not talking about any other club though.

Barring Considine (which is a joke he is longest serving) who is our longest serving player?

Reynolds?

I would love a statto to put up a list of how long folk have been with us

All clubs in Scotland use the loan system to bridge the gap between what they can afford and the higher quality they can get by signing loanees.

The scum couldn't afford Ryan Kent
    The Dhims couldn't afford Filip Benkovic, he's a £12m Leicester player.

I don't agree with having 5 or 6 on loan, I agree, but to not use the loan system means we'd fall further behind in my opinion.

I also agree that players going on loan to teams in the same league isn't right, but it happens the world over, in all the leagues in Europe.

Not much point in rebelling and being different if it means falling further behind.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The management and club listening to the fans about player recruitment?
    Not sure that will be something that'll catch on at any club any time soon.
    But its a matter of principal rather than recruitment. Its fans reminding the club that we are a serious challenger to Celtic, not a feeder system for players they buy in the first place so that clubs like ourselves cant get them.

We have apparently taken a stand on not having any betting company sponsorship (so they say) so lets be a 'challenger' club, challenge the convention or the norm, I cant imagine we will stop ever having loan players but perhaps if a few clubs started saying no more players might become available for transfer.

Wishful thinking I guess.

So are the lower leagues in guff land tho. Teams filled with loan players supporters cant relate to, no long term consistency or stability and everything geared around developing young players to sell on to keep the whole thing afloat, most who eventually get farmed back down the pyramid again.

Fu@king hamster wheel min.

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    But its a matter of principal rather than recruitment. Its fans reminding the club that we are a serious challenger to Celtic, not a feeder system for players they buy in the first place so that clubs like ourselves cant get them.

We have apparently taken a stand on not having any betting company sponsorship (so they say) so lets be a 'challenger' club, challenge the convention or the norm, I cant imagine we will stop ever having loan players but perhaps if a few clubs started saying no more players might become available for transfer.

Wishful thinking I guess.
    I agree in principle with your specific point about the loaning of a player from a "supposed" direct rival.
    However, I think it is wishful thinking.
    I suppose the club would rightly come back with the fact that we were apparently very close to agreeing a permanent deal for Christie, only for an injury at Celtic or them not getting someone in they thought they 'd get (can't remember which) meaning they had a last minute change of mind.
    So if we had got hold of him permanently, or were very close to it, there's the defence of it.

Page 141 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast