+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stendals reply

Stendals reply

Herewith I want to respond to the statement of FC Barnsley. I experienced the people in Barnsley as honest and straight forward and therefore would like to present my point of view:

During my entire time at Barnsley I gave my full commitment, energy and passion for the club and their supporters. I always put the sporting results of Barnsley first and always tried to achieve the very best results that were possible. We had a fantastic last season in League 1, securing promotion to the Championship, playing some very entertaining football.

The start to this season was very difficult though, with the club being unable to retain several key players from the promotion team and couldn’t replace these experienced players. I always remained committed and accepted all the decisions of the Board during my entire time - including the decision to terminate my contract with immediate effect. At the day of my dismissal I wasn't informed about any detailed reasons.

The week before my dismissal I asked for an open discussion about the sporting situation with a Board Member, during which none of the reasons that apparently led to my dismissal were raised as complaints. I was always honest and documented strongly that I wanted to continue to work with the team in order to achieve the goals of the club. I was then dismissed after the disappointing defeat to Preston.

After the termination of my contract, I have made it clear that even then I was open to finding an amicable resolution in order to keep noise away from the team.

I am an honest person and always wanted the best for the club. The people from Barnsley and the fans know that. I always was a fighter on and also next to the pitch and will also now fight for my rights. I do, however, wish all the players, the supporters , employees and the new manager the very best for the future. Daniel

i know who i believe.

Glad he's responded , I'm sure people can make their own minds up as to who they believe .

However his statement doesn't deny that he spoke to another club either .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 10-12-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    i know who i believe.
    Who ?

I believe in miracles.

I've just listened to Hoss's interview with Radio Sheffield Football Heaven on BBC Sounds (sorry cant do links) but if you haven't heard it it is well worth a listen. Confirms all I thought abart Hoss and his running of our club.

COYBB !
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-12-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I've just listened to Hoss's interview with Radio Sheffield Football Heaven on BBC Sounds (sorry cant do links) but if you haven't heard it it is well worth a listen. Confirms all I thought abart Hoss and his running of our club.

COYBB !
    There you go SB

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07xc5zd

Thank you Ziles.

My favourite bits are where he says Struber is keen to reduce the size of the squad in January and the owners will go along with that, not ruling out the sale of "veterans" Woodrow and Mowatt, his delusion that he improved the squad this summer to make us competitive in the Championship, and his comparison of our young squad being similar to Ajax.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-12-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thank you Ziles.

My favourite bits are where he says Struber is keen to reduce the size of the squad in January and the owners will go along with that, not ruling out the sale of "veterans" Woodrow and Mowatt, his delusion that he improved the squad this summer to make us competitive in the Championship, and his comparison of our young squad being similar to Ajax.

Almost comedy gold SB.

Ajax have experienced players though Mr Conway to help along their promising youngsters. They have Daley Blind(29), Tagliafico(27), Veltman(27), Tadic(31), Promes(27) and Huntelaar (36). All are featuring regularly in the Ajax starting XI.

Meanwhile we have Championship 'veterans' Mowatt and Woodrow

Apparently the wage demands of experienced Championship players are too big for us to venture darn that avenue.

Wages of our players currently under contract fluctuate in the event of relegation or promotion to run with the loss/gain in revenue. That does make sense in keeping the club in the black but it also makes me more adamant that these owners are not bothered which division we play in because they can still operate their 'buy cheap sell for profit' policy.

I feel really enlightened by that interview

To be fair the presenter challenged Conway with some good and honest questions which were answered in a typical Paul Conway way by taking the emphasis off the question by reiterating the clubs transfer policies and frugality.

Terrible, like a yank David Brent. Full of ****.
    So Woodrow & Mowatt leave in January to finance some more exciting kids.
    Not a clue and doesn't care.
    Great to hear they're here for the long haul.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast