+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season

Season

My take on this season is yes we have over achieved and we're expecting to go up but to me it's been a successful season and as long as we don't lose to Mansfield I will be one happy supporter. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by postie66 View Post
    My take on this season is yes we have over achieved and we're expecting to go up but to me it's been a successful season and as long as we don't lose to Mansfield I will be one happy supporter. COYP
    I would rather lose to Mansfield and get promotion than beat them and miss out.

Sorry beat Mansfield sneak in the playoffs and stop the imbreds going up.

When did sorry beat Mansfield? 🧐

Quote Originally Posted by postie66 View Post
    Sorry beat Mansfield sneak in the playoffs and stop the imbreds going up.
    Losing to the imbreds is always imbarrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Losing to the imbreds is always imbarrasing.
    And yet always happens. When was the last time we beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    And yet always happens. When was the last time we beat them?
    Ignoring the FL atrophy or whatever it’s called, August 2005, 3-2 with a Glyn Hurst brace.

If we don't get promoted or relegated, you have to look at the squad and see if progress has been made. Who will we still have next year? Hewitt has progressed, which is positive. All the others are a year older. Oh, and we have Noble and Husin. Tell me what is good about this?

Quote Originally Posted by willis69 View Post
    Ignoring the FL atrophy or whatever it’s called, August 2005, 3-2 with a Glyn Hurst brace.
    That's shocking. And along the way they've inflicted some seriously humiliating defeats on us. I don't mind so much losing by the odd goal in a hard-fought battle - it sucks, but I can take it - but the way we roll over when we play them is just ridiculous. As far as I can remember I've only left a game early twice - both times away at Field Mill. Just couldn't take it anymore.

I'd love to give them a proper game in a few weeks, but it'll be tough. They're on fire at the moment and, as much as I hate to say it, they have better players than us. Which is ridiculous really - I mean it's a bit like us hammering Forest in the league regularly and having more money to spend than them.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 24-02-2018 at 07:31 AM.