+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: £5 coach travel to chesterfield

don't get me wrong any Deal Alan chucks out if a good deal no matter what it is. Its just my view that the Chesterfield game . I cannot see many extra people going based on £5 transport unless like I said you live close to meadow lane . otherwise you got costs getting to the ground then getting home after the bus returns to meadow lane. 3 of us in the van will cost less than £15 fuel,

Quote Originally Posted by TheNottinghamMan View Post
    don't get me wrong any Deal Alan chucks out if a good deal no matter what it is. Its just my view that the Chesterfield game . I cannot see many extra people going based on £5 transport unless like I said you live close to meadow lane . otherwise you got costs getting to the ground then getting home after the bus returns to meadow lane. 3 of us in the van will cost less than £15 fuel,
    Where will you park?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Where will you park?
    go past the ground on your right .There are side streets that go down to industrial units. we have parked there in the past. We got the train once. but that is a long walk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNottinghamMan View Post
    go past the ground on your right .There are side streets that go down to industrial units. we have parked there in the past. We got the train once. but that is a long walk.
    I might just try that, NM, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I got my first car when I was 21 and have travelled to away matches by car ever since. Prior to that though, I regularly used buses, special trains and on a couple of occasions chartered planes. There are probably loads of younger supporters without cars who will take up this offer. AH is obviously doing his bit to try and get as many Notts supporters over to Chesterfield for what is one of 11 key games we have left. Can’t see any negatives in this.
    I'm similar in that I've always driven to away games as well. The only exceptions is when we have played big London clubs in the cup such as Chelsea and Fulham in recent years. Mainly due to the roads and parking at the ground and general roads being busy.

I think it's an excellent idea from the chairman. The game is on TV so it's an incentive for people to go to the game and support their club. Plus if people want to have a drink prior or after the game, then they have the option of getting the bus instead of the train.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I'm similar in that I've always driven to away games as well. The only exceptions is when we have played big London clubs in the cup such as Chelsea and Fulham in recent years. Mainly due to the roads and parking at the ground and general roads being busy.

Chelsea I managed to park about ten minuets walk from the ground, Fulham was a different matter, think I was closer to fkin brixton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12