+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off topic I know but....

Thanks all. I'm an advocate of winter tyres. My Wife and my Son have them on their cars, but they're both front wheel drive. I think they would improve the grip in snow on the bm but not enough.

Thanks pb, my concerns are partly reliability as I've not had one before but the stuff I'm hearing all sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Thanks all. I'm an advocate of winter tyres. My Wife and my Son have them on their cars, but they're both front wheel drive. I think they would improve the grip in snow on the bm but not enough.

Thanks pb, my concerns are partly reliability as I've not had one before but the stuff I'm hearing all sounds good.
    Mercs and BMW'S should be banned from driving in the snow simples...

If you do get snowed in Stan mek sure your at Consett,where the next wonderful stage of your life is at..

What's mrs Stan think about the new arrival?,looks to me she might have competition in the grandparents stakes.

Oh and most important,how do you get on wi the other half's parents?
    Cos this is real man,there are grandparent mega competitions,I get over this by pouring love all over them..
    Sorry I couldn't help withe the 4x4....

Just realized I've been using the North American "tire" instead of the UK "tyre". When in Rome I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Mercs and BMW'S should be banned from driving in the snow simples...

If you do get snowed in Stan mek sure your at Consett,where the next wonderful stage of your life is at..

What's mrs Stan think about the new arrival?,looks to me she might have competition in the grandparents stakes.

Oh and most important,how do you get on wi the other half's parents?
    Cos this is real man,there are grandparent mega competitions,I get over this by pouring love all over them..
    Sorry I couldn't help withe the 4x4....
    We're made up, thanks CL. I'm only 52 and retired so I'll be main child minder. I'm already looking ahead to stadium tours, trips to the seaside, museums, great times ahead, and I'm still young enough to enjoy it and with plenty of time to do so.

My daughter's partner is a York City fan, as is his family, so no worries there, but he has a love for Newcastle as he lived in the Town when he was at Uni. He told me how he would love the buzz of the City on match days and how you couldn't help but get carried away with it.

My daughter moved into her new house last week, so I've been backwards and forwards every day, plumbing washers in, moving furniture etc. She's suddenly realised I am of some use😀.

The expression being used a lot is "Is that something you could help with Dad?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Just realized I've been using the North American "tire" instead of the UK "tyre". When in Rome I suppose.
    Aye it gets tiring..

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Aye it gets tiring..
    I'm exhausted me like.

FFS, after all that, I've just rang the Mitsubishi dealer in Ripon to arrange a test drive and someone's only gone in and bought the fk@ I had me eye on. 😀😀😀.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    FFS, after all that, I've just rang the Mitsubishi dealer in Ripon to arrange a test drive and someone's only gone in and bought the fk@ I had me eye on. ������.
    Well that makes three tyred lads.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Question for you Cannylad (sorry Stan).I will be driving through the Rockies in May Vancouver round trip taking in the likes of W Kelowna Banff Lake Loise Baker Creek Whistler etc. Any idea what the standard of roads are like ?
    Been to Lake Louise and I was in Whistler last year and drove down to Calgary. Roads are superb you won’t have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Been to Lake Louise and I was in Whistler last year and drove down to Calgary. Roads are superb you won’t have any problems.
    Thanks so much - very reassuring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)