+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: The BBC and the Conservatives

OT: The BBC and the Conservatives

So much for the BBC being impartial. On tonight's news they are making out that because there is a slight difference of opinion between May and Hammond on preparations for no deal, the government is in chaos. Why can't they support the British Brexit arguments instead of making us look vulnerable? Or don't they realise that they're called the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation? Honest, it's inbarrassing.
    They then did a feature on Universal Credit and went to a lot of trouble to find a (very disorganised) woman who was 'on the starvation line' because she didn't have enough savings to cover six weeks without her benefits. She'd had to sell her TV for £40 and to stop the room looking bare, she had placed a broken TV in the corner of her living room. Talk about milking it for all it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So much for the BBC being impartial. On tonight's news they are making out that because there is a slight difference of opinion between May and Hammond on preparations for no deal, the government is in chaos. Why can't they support the British Brexit arguments instead of making us look vulnerable? Or don't they realise that they're called the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation? Honest, it's inbarrassing.
    They then did a feature on Universal Credit and went to a lot of trouble to find a (very disorganised) woman who was 'on the starvation line' because she didn't have enough savings to cover six weeks without her benefits. She'd had to sell her TV for £40 and to stop the room looking bare, she had placed a broken TV in the corner of her living room. Talk about milking it for all it's worth.
    If she has stolen the non-functional tv, then she needs jailing....then deporting.

Neither of us agree on most political matters Sidney - but I couldn't agree more regarding the BBC. Their anti Brexit stance is unbelievable and you are so correct to say they milk it 100%. I always understood the BBC's job was to report the news - which of course they do - but to me their presenters now seem to consider themselves experts on all Brexit matters and in a way also consider themselves 'Celebs' if you understand me. Whenever the slightest good thing appears to be said about Brexit, the BBC immediately always counter with something akin to " Yes but ............etc" and a completely negative view. Irrespective of politics there's the stunted excitable scruffy Evan Davis, Peston acting like he's in some Shakespearean play at the old Vic (although mostly ITV) and Nick Watt who doubles for Clegg. The BBC is probably watched all over the world by possibly the largest audience of any and as you say, it does make us appear vulnerable. At every turn, the EU appear to be stalling and the idea of discussing the divorce fee and cementing it before anything else is disgusting. We have said we will pay a fee, we have said we will discuss a transitional period, we have said we will make sure all EU citizens already here are safe .............. What the **** more do these Tw@ts want?

Well, they've tried many times to defeat us over many years ........and failed. I don't blame us for making contingency plans to just walk away. It's about time we told 'em this ............... and then watch them squeal.

Careful!!
    This is a North Korean cyber attack!! They have hacked sidders account.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Careful!!
    This is a North Korean cyber attack!! They have hacked sidders account.

I'm sure that everyone realises....that this is Sid's idea of a joke......"even the BBC are ganging up on the Tories"

Nice piece of fishing Sid-theSquid

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I'm sure that everyone realises....that this is Sid's idea of a joke......"even the BBC are ganging up on the Tories"

Nice piece of fishing Sid-theSquid
    Or maybe this is his REAL personality... and all his previous posts were sarcastic??

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Or maybe this is his REAL personality... and all his previous posts were sarcastic??

I am expecting him very soon to “ come out “, wear blue from top to toe and have his “I love Maggie badge” on.

All right, I'll come clean. I set a mackerel to catch a pratt but the only one I hooked was Serious who seriously believes the sh*t about the BBC being biasedly British. Smiffy the NK mafia left me here tied up. You know where here is - when can you arrive with your boy scout pen knife and free me?

Smiffy the NK mafia left me here tied up. You know where here is - when can you arrive with your boy scout pen knife and free me?
    Just waiting on the results of the raffle. 1st prize being the chance to accompany me on your rescue attempt. The thought of you being incapacitated and at the mercy of said rescuers has seen ticket sales rocket!!
    I may have to have an eliminating question to decide the eventual winner; "In fewer than eight words describe your immediate action when confronting a debilitated sidders".

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast