+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic game

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Yesterday.

Be honest, when were you actually last at a game???

We were the better team yesterday in the first half, we more than held our own. We were composed, calm and in no danger right up until the deflected goal. Therefore the tactics were clearly spot on.

The second goal was also freakish. Individual error for the 3rd by which time it was too late.

Shinnie was the best player on the park yesterday, Scott Brown usually bullies and dominates us but he wasn't able to do that yesterday because despite you not being there and assuming we stood back and allowed Celtic to dominate it didn't happen.

As for complaining about "6" defenders, again, it didn't happen unless you want to decide Shinnie was a defender yesterday. Even although he's been a midfielder over 95% of his time at Aberdeen. McKenna and Logan out replaced by Reynolds and Ball (who played well), two defenders replaced by two defenders, not a tombola selection like you would have us believe. O'Connor has been deployed in a defensive midfield role all season so again it wasn't a surprise or tombola selection that you love to believe.

I can accept you don't like the manager (I detest Considine) I can accept you criticising the team but you're way off the mark yesterday, you weren't even at the game but have the audacity to suggest it was all wrong, all down to McInnes that Aberdeen lost then roll out a picture and decide you're a wonderful phycologist who can interpret body language.

This forum is pee poor now, it's dying, it needs people to contribute but your constant drivel chases people away. At least you post but it's boring, repetitive and childish. I do genuinely question if you are an Aberdeen fan. My money is on you just being a troll.
    Last game i was at. Last Saturday. As im a troll with a season ticket. Supported Aberdeen for 30 year. (i do love the way when someone has an opinion that someone else doesnt like they are automatically branded a troll,)

I watched the game yesterday on OBIs stream.

You say we held our own in the first half. I did say we were ok in the first half but there was a big tendency to lump it. Did Rooney touch the ball. We had absolutley nothing going forward.

but a game has two half and we were sh@te in the second. Was there any attempt to try and change it. No there wasnt. Why didnt he put two up for example. As that would have ruined the damage limitation tactics

You can say we held our own, but we were never going to win that game from minute one. We were not set up for it.

As i said in another post. We have plateaud and being beat by them seems to be totally acceptable. The sevco do-ins were far too quickly forgotten to. I want the club to progress. F@cking shoot me for it

You say this forum is pee poor. The constant McInnes love in is as apparent here as the dislike for him. You are obviously a McInnes fan which is fair enough. I dont agree with it but you batter on with your opinion. But i have mine and i cant be chastised for voicing it on a football forum by people who have the polar opposite opinion.is thatbnot the whole purpose of a forum
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 24-12-2017 at 07:26 AM.

It's just the same pish being written about McInnes after every win or not win, on every forum, facebook and twitter.

Two sides who take their turn at being right.

Every time we win I see the top comment on facebook or a thread on facebook groups about getting it right up 'the doubters' etc so no wonder 'the doubters' get entrenched and come firing back when we lose.

It's all very boring now. We've reached the point in a manager's time where all that happens is this. He could have got everyone on board with a win yesterday or a spirited comeback draw. Nope, usual, and the pattern continues.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    It's just the same pish being written about McInnes after every win or not win, on every forum, facebook and twitter.

Two sides who take their turn at being right.

Every time we win I see the top comment on facebook or a thread on facebook groups about getting it right up 'the doubters' etc so no wonder 'the doubters' get entrenched and come firing back when we lose.

It's all very boring now. We've reached the point in a manager's time where all that happens is this. He could have got everyone on board with a win yesterday or a spirited comeback draw. Nope, usual, and the pattern continues.
    I would loved to have had my words on McInnes shoved down my throat yesterday i really would have. I would love to give credit where its due(which i do when deserved) Ach well another "acceptable" dissapointmemt

Your right though he definatley splits opinion. I liked him up untill this season too albeit did question his big game mentallity which is the catalys for not liking him now as im sick of it

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I didnae think they played that badly.

Two jammy goals against the run of play.

Was that the p'oof with the passback?

I turned off then.
    Agree with you there DD i also did not think we played all that poorly and especially with the starting 11 that was picked, they were the better team when they went behind to a badly deflected effort that nobody could be blamed for. Even the fkn ref was in Joe's line of sight never mind the deflection. The second was also a fluke Reynolds clearing header bouncing back off Arnason ffs for the plooky little Irish cnut, you could not make that sh1t up. as for the 3rd well Mclean was a fkn fanny but by that time the team were beat ......... all in all I thought it was a decent performance. Should not get too disheartened by it, but need to dust ourselves down and bounce back with two convincing wins at home before the year end....

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Agree with you there DD i also did not think we played all that poorly and especially with the starting 11 that was picked, they were the better team when they went behind to a badly deflected effort that nobody could be blamed for. Even the fkn ref was in Joe's line of sight never mind the deflection. The second was also a fluke Reynolds clearing header bouncing back off Arnason ffs for the plooky little Irish cnut, you could not make that sh1t up. as for the 3rd well Mclean was a fkn fanny but by that time the team were beat ......... all in all I thought it was a decent performance. Should not get too disheartened by it, but need to dust ourselves down and bounce back with two convincing wins at home before the year end....

COYR
    It was a solid good performance, lady luck won the game for Celtic. Well unless you have an agenda and dislike for the manager.

Lady luck didnt make us have one shot on target all game

We had nothing going forward and nothing was done about it(unless you count big lumps something)

Negative approach is McInnes down to a tee. Hence why hes Brendans Bitch. If you are going to get beat have a f@cking go doing it
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 24-12-2017 at 08:42 AM.

It was a solid good performance, lady luck won the game for Celtic. Well unless you have an agenda and dislike for the manager.
    Lady luck won the game? What a load of nonsense!
    Celtic won the game easily and a very pedestrian Celtic at that.
    We were never even set out to win the match and it certainly looked like the game was over at half time.
    Remind me of what we done to cause Celtic problems and highlight the danger we created to their goal? I look forward to any answers explaining our attacking threat to Gordon’s goal...or maybe it was just lady luck that he had a quiet afternoon.

It was strange yesterday and don't want to get into the team selection debate - it's been done to death. Given the personnel available it's difficult to see how it could have been dramatically changed but the players who have been maligned (Stewart/Ball to name 2) were amongst the better performers. I thought it was two of our (quite rightly) former heroes who were poor , Rooney and Arneson. Rooney has never been the quickest but lately he's looked way off the pace to me and i wonder if we should have used Rooney as a make up for a younger striker in the closed season? There's a point (well there was for me) in your 30's where you have to run for a bus or see yourself on video and think feck when did i get so old i used to be quick (relitavely). Rooney moves like a man 10 years older than he is.

““Stevie May was ruled out yesterday morning as a result of the tackle from the Rangers game.” (P&J online)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Lady luck didnt make us have one shot on target all game

We had nothing going forward and nothing was done about it(unless you count big lumps something)

Negative approach is McInnes down to a tee. Hence why hes Brendans Bitch. If you are going to get beat have a f@cking go doing it
    Aye, negative approach that had us on top for the first half and a deflected goal against the run of play was the difference.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast