+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rafa's tactics tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    The fallout from tonight's match could make it worse yet...

Diame has done his groin and Yedlin needed treatment at the end of the game; Schar was crocked too. And the way the FA are with us, I'd put a lot of money on there being more than a few there lobbying for Shelvey to face a charge for his challenge on Pogba.

Gonna be a long 4 weeks with Chelsea, Man City and Tottenham to play in the next 4 League games.

Fuck me, this is grim, man.
    **** sakes, we'll be in massive trouble if we lose Diame, Yedlin and Schar. Not cos there decent cos we have nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    **** sakes, we'll be in massive trouble if we lose Diame, Yedlin and Schar. Not cos there decent cos we have nobody else.
    That is when the quality of your squad (or lack of) is there for all to see.

When 2 or 3 average players get injured and you have o suitable replacements, and very few unsuitable ones.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    That is when the quality of your squad (or lack of) is there for all to see.

When 2 or 3 average players get injured and you have o suitable replacements, and very few unsuitable ones.
    Watching Hayden drag his lumbering arse across the pitch last night was like watching a National League player gamely but ultimately fruitlessly struggling in the 3rd round of the FA Cup against a big team. The way he lost the ball for their second goal was like when a water buffalo gets pounced on by a pair of lions...even David Attenbrough would have winced and turned away.
    Last edited by Zippity; 03-01-2019 at 10:57 AM. Reason: typing like a water buffalo

And I hadn't realised Shelvey's challenge was as bad as it was. I know he's short of match fitness and was trying yo get up to speed in a fast-flowing game...but that challenge was beyond clumsy and should probably have been a red. Because the ref gave a free kick for it, Shelvey can't be done retrospectively.

Unless, as the writer in the Chronic put it, there are "accentuating" circumstances!!

ffs, man...is it bring your child to work day? That's shocking man....people are paid to write like that???

Watching Hayden drag his lumbering arse across the pitch last night was like watching a National League player gamely but ultimately fruitlessly struggling in the 3rd round of the FA Cup against a big team. The way he lost the ball for their second goal was like when a water buffalo gets pounced on by a pair of lions...even David Attenbrough would have winced and turned away.
    Yet Hayden was voted our man of the match by Fotmob

And I hadn't realised Shelvey's challenge was as bad as it was. I know he's short of match fitness and was trying yo get up to speed in a fast-flowing game...but that challenge was beyond clumsy and should probably have been a red. Because the ref gave a free kick for it, Shelvey can't be done retrospectively.

Unless, as the writer in the Chronic put it, there are "accentuating" circumstances!!

ffs, man...is it bring your child to work day? That's shocking man....people are paid to write like that???
    Shelveys challenge was a disgrace .. Another one missed by all these biased refs eh ? Was def a red carder .. But as I was shouted down for saying refs bad decisions even themselves out .. I won't say it.

Spot on and it nearly worked ,we gave them a game .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Shelveys challenge was a disgrace .. Another one missed by all these biased refs eh ? Was def a red carder .. But as I was shouted down for saying refs bad decisions even themselves out .. I won't say it.
    1 decision doesn't even things out over 5 seasons So you have nothing to say

You were shouted down as you put it (i'd say just everybody disagreed with you myself) because looking at the stats provided we don't get the rub of the green and we do get alot of decisions against us.

I fail to how shelvey not getting a red in a game we lost anyway can even go close to cancelling out wolves not getting a red which went a long way towards us losing a game we could have won....

And that is just one example

Or the handball in the box at 2-0 at Old Trafford...or the Salah dive for the pen (wouldn't have changed the end result but that's not the point here) or the 148 games since we had a player sent off against us....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)