+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The mystery city player

The mystery city player

Apparently we are on for a Manchester city forward on loan
    Who could it be?
    More sources say it's aguero never heard of him personally but could be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Apparently we are on for a Manchester city forward on loan
    Who could it be?
    More sources say it's aguero never heard of him personally but could be worth a try.

This is one I haven't heard of. Maybe its that Phil Foden? We are local, we will play him, and we will take care of him. I'd say this is the season he needs to play, and in no way will he get a kick at City. He is still too raw for the Prem, so we could be the answer? That would be a coup.

In a way this ties in perfectly with what I heard yesterday.
    Jason Wilcox was the deciding factor in bringing Davenport here. He had loads of interest.
    In his words, Jase sold Rovers saying it was the perfect club to develop at. And liased in bringing him here. From what I am hearing, he is making everyone sit up and take notice.
    Wilcox was always a very intelligent guy, you could see as a player he had more than your average footballer. Of course, Blackburn fans being notoriously stupid and vocal of 'certain' players, they will love an idiot thug like Dvid Batty but constantly insult someone like Wilcox. They still exist now, on BRFC's .....or telling Saxo how to think.
    But he holds a very high position at City. And is in charge of all the youth levels. I also believe he wants to get into management. That wouldn't happen at City, but I could see him coming back here one day. Very smart guy, and loves us still.

So maybe just maybe, he is having an influence on this un-named lad?

Joking aside it sounds like nmecha the England under 19 international
    Good player and will be quite a coup
    We have good relations with city and that puts us in a good position to secure the lads on loan after their American tour.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Joking aside it sounds like nmecha the England under 19 international
    Good player and will be quite a coup
    We have good relations with city and that puts us in a good position to secure the lads on loan after their American tour.
    Yeah, well he's said hasn't he, that we are waiting for the players to come back off tours with their parent clubs. I think we've done out business with most clubs lower than us, it's now a case of waiting on the young Prem players returning.

If it's that lad from City, he comes very highly recommended. Really good young talent.

Isn't Joe nuttall or any number of our academy lads really good young talents?

Mowbray losing stock for me going for all these loans. He said he would build the team up. You can't do that with loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Isn't Joe nuttall or any number of our academy lads really good young talents?

Mowbray losing stock for me going for all these loans. He said he would build the team up. You can't do that with loans.
    I don't think it's for want of trying, though, Saxo. Have you read his comments on the Telegraph site? He sounds right royally pi**ed off!
    I think he's right when he says clubs shouldn't be held hostage by agents.

The Armstrong deal is a prime example
    Newcastle like the deal,Armstrong likes the deal but the agent is hanging on for a better offer
    The agents shouldn't be calling the shots.

If as seems to be, Venkys are unwilling to cough up cash, then we need a manager that will trust the academy products. Constantly using other clubs players gets us nowhere and renders our academy pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    If as seems to be, Venkys are unwilling to cough up cash, then we need a manager that will trust the academy products. Constantly using other clubs players gets us nowhere and renders our academy pointless.
    .....it definately wouldn't get you automatically promoted. No chance.
    And poor Davenport doesn't exist. Harsh logic
    Last edited by champs95; 19-07-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Ok saxo
    Tony Mowbray has already stated that teams are over pricing players and it's difficult to get the right player at the RIGHT price and as for Tony trusting the academy,I agree if it means a good young centre back or a aging journeyman but this forward will give us this extra bit of quality
    He has played a handful of prem games and is ready to progress his game
    The forwards we have first team or academy are not pulling up trees and on tonight's performance,it is apparent we need forwards and fast.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)