+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Physio

Physio

The manager, the players and even the fans are accused of being the problem with United.
    Why does out physio team escape blame? For years the treatment of the players seems inadequate. From the months Scott Robertson was out to Curran never kicking a ball in anger. Yet no root and branch review discovered that the physio element of Unuted appears to be not fit for purpose.

We need a new physio team coupled with proper strength and conditioning. Until then we will keep the crutch excuse of "x y and z are out injured once they are back we will be bang at it".

To be honest i have lost connection with the club and could not even tell you who the physio is,have we even got one with all the cut backs?,do the players just get sent down to Wallacetown health centre or the A&E at Ninewells?.

Don't see how anyone cant start blaming the medical team without knowing what actually goes on behind the scenes? Do u have first hand info of the musical team being inadequate? Or are u just going by the fact players get injured, some take longer than others to recover, therefore jumping to the conclusion the medical team isnt up to the job.

Can you name any team where the medical staff are generally held in high regard by their fans? Only time medical staff are though of in that regard is in emergency situations, like Fabrice Muamba.

I heard it was the physio that has kept making bad selections this year and is failing to motivate the players

The physio tells everyone to stay back for a corner, not even one of your own players outside our box

The physio failed to make any subs until 77 minutes against Livi in the play offs

The physio then decided to bring on Emil Lyng

The physio must go

Sorry to offend medical team. Makes sense now why they have never been blamed on this board now.

I totally agree Giz. A review of the medical physio team is long long over due.

For too long players at Utd have been out injured for spells come back only for a match if so and then out again with re-occurring injury.

Also there have been a number of players at Utd who never seemed to fully recover from re-occurring injuries move to other clubs and miraculously become injury free.

Ryan Dow was a prime example of this. Something he made mention of after signing for county. Giving the bullet while still injured with a injury he could nt shake all season. Looked at by county physio/medical team who pin pointed the problem and fixed same.

I’m sure there are other ex-players can who testify to the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    I totally agree Giz. A review of the medical physio team is long long over due.

For too long players at Utd have been out injured for spells come back only for a match if so and then out again with re-occurring injury.

Also there have been a number of players at Utd who never seemed to fully recover from re-occurring injuries move to other clubs and miraculously become injury free.

Ryan Dow was a prime example of this. Something he made mention of after signing for county. Giving the bullet while still injured with a injury he could nt shake all season. Looked at by county physio/medical team who pin pointed the problem and fixed same.

I’m sure there are other ex-players can who testify to the same.
    Bilate said something when he left as well, and im sure Shabba said something about injuries early in his time here. Too many negative things mentioned regarding the physios and injuries for nothing to be done about it. A lack of coaching has been an issue with some of the young lads when they departed and thats been changed!

i think thats why we've not rushed players to play in these league cup games. clearly guys have had knocks or wee niggling injuries so maybe CL isnt wanting to rush them back? keatings is the main example. the boys not played in months plus had an operation while having problems off field. surely it would be sensible to ease him back? i expected him to be at least on the bench and get more time than he has but i think theres an element of not wanting to rush him back.

same with curran, king and booth im assuming

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I heard it was the physio that has kept making bad selections this year and is failing to motivate the players

The physio tells everyone to stay back for a corner, not even one of your own players outside our box

The physio failed to make any subs until 77 minutes against Livi in the play offs

The physio then decided to bring on Emil Lyng

The physio must go
    love it

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)