+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Notts v Mansfaild tickets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Oh we know full well how quickly things can turn. We had an owner who decided to try and ruin the club to spite the fans and took us to the conference. We then had a millionaire fan turn things round overnight and turn us into a proper club again. Ever since he's come in, we've improved each season. If we go up, we won't be coming straight back down believe me. The money invested in the training ground and other facilities, and the quality of young players being developed all bodes well for the club. The fact that Radford is a fan and loves the club and its fans means that he isn't going to let us go bust. We operate at a very small loss and some seasons have broken even under him. None of us are expecting the Prem, but Championship has to be the aim. We're so close to League 1 and Radford won't stop there.

If you go down, I don't expect you to stay down long and you'll hopefully get an owner who can cope with a club like Notts.
    Genuine question Stagnificent: how is Radford managing to run the club at a very small loss? From what I understand, you've been one of L2's biggest spenders for the last three seasons running, during which time you've signed players from L1 and the Championship. And I'm assuming you are paying the majority of the Forest boys' wages, which will be way higher than your average L2 star's. Given that you aren't getting big gates, I assumed you were making a fairly large loss year on year, which Radford was happy to bankroll.

Unless you happen to be that one club out of tens that manages to punch massively above its weight, getting to the Championship requires a pretty huge investment. I'm sure Radford will give it a go, but if it doesn't happen within a few years he'll have to reconsider at some point, as it would be totally unsustainable long term. That's what happened to us under Trew - we missed out on the playoffs on goal difference and then went into a slow decline as the budget was cut.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 10-02-2019 at 03:30 PM.