+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Guaranteeing Public safety - who do you think your kidding?

I would say that 99% of the things we talk about on here (football related and non football related) are things that we don't know the full facts about and cannot influence, but we still talk about them.

I find it strange that a tweet from Juncker or an election in a foreign country can generate so much outrage but this doesn't.
    Last edited by drillerpie; 09-03-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I would say that 99% of the things we talk about on here (football related and non football related) are things that we don't know the full facts about and cannot influence, but we still tall about them.
    So, if we don't talk about them and acknowledge them, we just accept them as gospel?

No wonder you are an Europhile. The EU loves people like you. We decide what you need to know and what's best for you. Don't think, just comply.

You're supporting the wrong club mucker.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So, if we don't talk about them and acknowledge them, we just accept them as gospel?

No wonder you are an Europhile. The EU loves people like you. We decide what you need to know and what's best for you. Don't think, just comply.

You're supporting the wrong club mucker.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    The attempted murder of a British spy on British soil by a foreign country should be a wake-up call to this government as to the threat posed by Russia. There is little doubt that they see the West as the enemy and will do all they can (via social media and media accounts in general) to pervert democracy by distributing disinformation in other countries for their own ends.
    I guess that this response was exactly what this event was intended to provoke........dummies!

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    I guess that this response was exactly what this event was intended to provoke........dummies!
    I take from your response that you see no problem with it Tony.

I take from your response that you see no problem with it Tony.
    I see a distinct problem with the supposition that it was Russian coordinated.....Think beyond the narrative.

I see a distinct problem with the supposition that it was Russian coordinated.....Think beyond the narrative.
    If the Russians didn't do it, who do you suppose did and for what aim? Are the fake social media accounts etc also nothing to do with Russia - are they really just our misunderstood friend?

If the Russians didn't do it, who do you suppose did and for what aim? Are the fake social media accounts etc also nothing to do with Russia - are they really just our misunderstood friend?
    Do some digging....the truth is much more frightening.

Where should I look first, Russia Today website?

I've been doing a bit of digging and from what I have read from certain knowledgable sources it seems this method of silencing or punishment is an unlikely way of assassination. A "nerve agent" such as this can be traced, CCTV cameras can be checked both for activity and for facial recognition. This style of killing someone who is recognised by Russia as a traitor so easily points to Putin that it looks like a "frame-up" to me. Of course it could be meant to be so obvious that we have a plan of misdirection here.

The common misconception of Britain lagging behind in the world of espionage and international carrying-on is way out and it works in our favour. The detection of such machinations by foreign agencies is supposedly ten years ahead of public knowledge. Britain is the world's only GLOBAL power and has a world-wide espionage system - much wider than either Russia or the USA - and you can thank our old and much derided British Empire for that
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 09-03-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast