+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Laszlo

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I totally agree Frank.
    Mate, help me out here. Why would you allow csaba to continue given his record? I get the stability argument, but nothing, and i really mean NOTHING, suggests he can or will bring stability. Do you actually trust him to sign the players we need?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    PF definitely not a funster on the wind up. Ridiculous in my opinion.
    Has made many interesting points on the subject of the finances, ownership and fan groups at the club.
    I disagree with his view on Shabba staying on as manager strongly, in fact I think it's keech and only going to lead to more heartbreak. But we should respect a different opinion.
    Hear Hear! I second that SA, but my heart is in the Csaba out, as nice as chap as he appears to be and having a reasonably credible record elsewhere, it just hasn't been inspiring. I know in my life time, we will probably never see the likes of Jim McLean again, but get somebody who can inspire and get the best from what we have or are likely to have in the future. If Hopkin can turn a bunch of mediocre players into Premiership contenders, then surely some one else is out there that has that ability, irrespective of how the game is played. A win is a win. As Luggy says in the McLean Years, 'there is no substitute for positive play.' Team get your fingers out and start, bustin a gut! We as fans are hurting.

I agree PF and TTT make interesting points and I often agree with them on other issues.

Day in day out though csaba has me with my head in my hands. He seems to speak without thinking in his interviews. Rarely do I agree with what he says. Players I imagine feel the same.

ST when he brought him in said he was a great tactician and man manager - the reality could not be further away.

Any other manager on Monday would have seen need to make subbies (csaba had spent whole week making excuse players were tired) and would not have brought on Lyng like that

We need to get a good manager and stick with him. There is more than enough evidence from his time here that Csaba is nowhere near being a good manager

That said in fairness to him if he does get us up in play offs then he deserves chance for next season.

I really hope we can do it. With players we have we should have walked the league and the play offs against these really mediocre teams.

Fingers crossed that csaba and the players can bring us some pleasure on Friday night

Remember Csaba's 1st league game? That was some great football on show. Attacking, full backs getting right up the pitch. Dominating.

Laszlo is on record saying that's how he wants to play. That is the system he prefers as a manager.

As time passed though the players attitudes and the fractures in the dressing room made that not possible.

I want to see that style of play and with a clean slate and an entirely new squad I believe he can get us up as winners next year.

You can't transform a hopelessly broken club and squad in 6 months. Took Wee Jim just over 2 years to turn around a decent squad that was declining and 4 years to start reaping benefits of new youth policy without half the other issues going on today at United.

Csaba has a long term vision for United. That's why he was hired and that is why he remains no matter play off outcome. He was appointed because of his long term plan. He has to be afforded reasonable time to execute it.

Exactly Frank. Our club is crying out for stability and longer term thinking. I can understand folk's frustration, hell I feel it too, but for the long term good of the club we need to give an experienced manager with a decent track record time to build something. So far the new board are making the right noises but the real test comes when we get knocked out of the playoffs. Only then will we see what they are really made of.

I do hope we go up this season and you are both proved right.

I don’t see csaba’s decent track record. Has he stayed anywhere longer than 2 years and built a club up with youth policy and been responsible for sustained success as you are describing??

As I understand Budapest job he had them hit great form, top at Xmas and then the wheels fell off.

We have to go by what we see and his performance at united has been consistently pretty poor and his decision making bad.

I don’t accept that there is something so wrong with current players they are incapable of respecting a good manager. If I were in that dressing room I’d question some of stuff Csaba comes out with.

As said, let’s hope you are both proved right and he oversees promotion in the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I do hope we go up this season and you are both proved right.

I don’t see csaba’s decent track record. Has he stayed anywhere longer than 2 years and built a club up with youth policy and been responsible for sustained success as you are describing??

As I understand Budapest job he had them hit great form, top at Xmas and then the wheels fell off.

We have to go by what we see and his performance at united has been consistently pretty poor and his decision making bad.

I don’t accept that there is something so wrong with current players they are incapable of respecting a good manager. If I were in that dressing room I’d question some of stuff Csaba comes out with.

As said, let’s hope you are both proved right and he oversees promotion in the play offs
    Terry/Frank - most of us understand the need for long term stability. What is not clear, is why you think Csaba deserves the chance to stay on.

He deserves the chance to stay because he was hired to do a long term job. He was not brought in to be a firefighter. He was brought in to build something that will stand the test of time.

Yes there have been disappointing results and performances. But we have also surpassed last season's points and are still in with a chance, however slim, of going up.

The players have been a big part of the disappointments with their willingness to just give up in games. I blame them a lot more than the manager.

Once they go out on the pitch it's in their hands. They have failed themselves, the manager, the club and the fans.

Csaba is here for a long term project. That is what I'll be judging him on.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    He deserves the chance to stay because he was hired to do a long term job. He was not brought in to be a firefighter. He was brought in to build something that will stand the test of time.

Yes there have been disappointing results and performances. But we have also surpassed last season's points and are still in with a chance, however slim, of going up.

The players have been a big part of the disappointments with their willingness to just give up in games. I blame them a lot more than the manager.

Once they go out on the pitch it's in their hands. They have failed themselves, the manager, the club and the fans.

Csaba is here for a long term project. That is what I'll be judging him on.
    I have to disagree with you there. We don't have time for thinking about building foundations and developing youth, that should have been done 3/4 years ago. Now, unfortunately, we can only focus our efforts on what will get us back up to the SPFL. End of story.

CL may well have a long term strategy, but we don't need long term strategy. WE NEED RESULTS NOW.

I'm all for giving a manager 2/3 years to show that they can build something, but that's an opportunity that has to be earned by delivering results in the short term. Unless CL does this then I'm afraid it's time to try something new.

We will have to agree to disagree on that.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)