+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OT Betting

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I must admit navy you have got the wrong end of the stick with EPs post. He is not insulting your dad, I understand what he is saying as I like a bet myself.
    No I didn't , I just like arguing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You really are a strange little chap. This discussion is about the merits of betting, not the merits of your dad. From what you've said about his interest in horse racing, me and him would probably have happily shared a pint or two. If that was really "the worst post you have ever read" you should seriously man up a bit and try and get out more.
    Yeah I think you would have got on well with him. A love of Notts and the horses. He was also in a boat club ,his was called the Royal Navy! Would have been a glass of red for him though. Seemed to think it would stave off the inevitable.
    Last edited by navypie; 04-03-2018 at 07:46 AM.

You really are a strange little chap. This discussion is about the merits of betting, not the merits of your dad. From what you've said about his interest in horse racing, me and him would probably have happily shared a pint or two. If that was really "the worst post you have ever read" you should seriously man up a bit and try and get out more.
    I'm with Elite on this one.

Betting is a mugs game if you don't know what your are doing or have no discipline to control your wallet. I've bet nearly every day for the best 12 years on Tennis, does that make me a mug? Some may argue it does but my bankroll says different.

If you are prepared to put the time in, learn your trade (sport) of course you can beat the bookies. It's not that difficult, it's just me v the bloke that sets the odds at the bookies and working out where they've got their odds wrong based on my knowledge being better than his.

As Elite said with the huge amount of bookies to choose from online, there are so many opportunities to find mistakes in the odds market as well as take advantage of all the offers the bookies throw around to entice "mug" punters.

Those that quote betting is for mugs either can't take a risk or don't have the knowledge to make betting profitable.

Exit polls suggest M5S the largest party by a country mile anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    No I didn't , I just like arguing with him.
    That's fine but no need to call people pricks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That's fine but no need to call people pricks etc.
    Navy and Elite like winding each other up.....simple as that.....Elite could have explained the betting term "mug punter" and walked away without further insulting Navy, and his dead father...but he did not.....this is the style of the Elitist ie "I never meant it that way....but now I will wind you up even further by saying X, Y and Z"

Mug Punter does NOT mean the person betting is a fool in life.....but that the bookies can spot easy profits ie "I always bet on grey horses"...."I always back Lester Piggott"....."I always back Notts"...the latter implies that Tarquin is a "Mug Punter"....but I am extremely happy with what I have achieved in life......strange huh

ps Notice that Elite, our resident expert, has never placed a bet on the Betting Thread....mmmm, I wonder why?....but he is often on there, and on the forum in general, pontificating about betting.....very, very unusual....I have my theories about why our "expert" cannot put his free bets where his mouth is.....say no more

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Navy and Elite like winding each other up.....simple as that.....Elite could have explained the betting term "mug punter" and walked away without further insulting Navy, and his dead father...but he did not.....this is the style of the Elitist ie "I never meant it that way....but now I will wind you up even further by saying X, Y and Z"

Mug Punter does NOT mean the person betting is a fool in life.....but that the bookies can spot easy profits ie "I always bet on grey horses"...."I always back Lester Piggott"....."I always back Notts"...the latter implies that Tarquin is a "Mug Punter"....but I am extremely happy with what I have achieved in life......strange huh

ps Notice that Elite, our resident expert, has never placed a bet on the Betting Thread....mmmm, I wonder why?....but he is often on there, and on the forum in general, pontificating about betting.....very, very unusual....I have my theories about why our "expert" cannot put his free bets where his mouth is.....say no more
    A up tarks , you need to clear your inbox mate.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Elite could have explained the betting term "mug punter" and walked away without further insulting Navy, and his dead father...but he did not.....
    I wondered when you would crawl from under your stone. I haven't insulted navypie (unless you see calling him a "strange little chap" as an insult), and I have never insulted his dead father. It seems Sailor Boy failed to understand my post, and dramatically described it as "the worst post ever" on here. I think he's now realised how ridiculous that has made him look and is backtracking a bit. Him (and you) can call me all the names under the sun, it's water off a duck's back to me. It makes me laugh rather than offends me because I would value the opinion of the average dog turd above your two.

I wondered when you would crawl from under your stone. I haven't insulted navypie (unless you see calling him a "strange little chap" as an insult), and I have never insulted his dead father. It seems Sailor Boy failed to understand my post, and dramatically described it as "the worst post ever" on here. I think he's now realised how ridiculous that has made him look and is backtracking a bit. Him (and you) can call me all the names under the sun, it's water off a duck's back to me. It makes me laugh rather than offends me because I would value the opinion of the average dog turd above your two.
    So you do my thinking now snobhead .I value what you think and your opinions ( match ratings are good though ) well , the average dog turd springs to mind. Don't know where that what came from.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    So you do my thinking now snobhead .I value what you think and your opinions ( match ratings are good though ) well , the average dog turd springs to mind. Don't know where that what came from.
    I've read that post three times, but I still don't have a clue what you're on about.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast