+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Please please let me come home

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think someone who has probably been brainwashed from quite an early age and runs away to do something stupid at the age of 15 is possibly deserving of a little sympathy.

There’s many who are protesting that she shouldn’t be allowed back would happily say she and other people of her colour shouldn’t have been here in the first place. Not you though eh Tricky?
    Firstly, we have to allow her back as a British citizen. As soon as we start changing the law then we lose any moral high ground we claim to have.

To BFP's point, she may well have been brainwashed, but she is still completely lacking in remorse, and remains a supporter of the Caliphate. She comes back, she receives a fair trial under British law, and if she is found guilty (and she is condemned by her own words), then she is locked away forever, has her child removed and raised by an unattached family, so that it might get the benefits of living in our pluralist democracy.

We certainly don't pay for her to come back, just as we wouldn't pay for the repatriation of someone who has done something daft on holiday (how can we possibly treat her more generously). It might also be worth laying out the consequences of returning very clearly to her, namely that she is likely to be found guilty of the equivalent of treason and must expect the full force of the law in that regard. Maybe she'll change her mind and commit herself further to the sh!thole she has supported over the last few years; a sh1thole that cannot deliver even the basics of human survival and discipline and cannot prevent her previous babies from dying.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Could you put that question in the same category as; Should a habitual *****phile be allowed to work with children if he/she promises not to do it again?

FWIW I agree with most of the responses, you make your bed and you lie in it, however, there is also a human element to consider here. When she left she was still essentially a child. You could say she was vulnerable and therefore easy to radicalise. You could say there is an argument that she has already suffered the consequences of this having been exposed to the realities of a life many of us will never be exposed to and therefore there might be hope for her yet given the right support.

I've just seen that Security Minister Ben Wallace has stated she has 'rights' and should be allowed to return. I'm sorry, but not at mine or the tax payers expense or at the expense of our own national security.
    She may have travelled as a naive ****ager to support an oppressive regime who have no qualms about killing innocent people in the name of religion. those innocent people include UK armed forces amongst others. Having experienced things most of us can only imagine her only regret seems to be her lack of strength to remain. I suggest we help her find the courage by denying her even the remotest possibility of returning to the UK.
    Incidentally I drove past the Armed forces rehabilitation hospital at Rempstone this morning, a facility costing millions in taxpayers money, a facility helping real victims. One penny of our money spent on this woman and her offspring would be rubbing salt in the wounds of the military personnel trying to re establish their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Looks like everyone fell into Sids trap again.
    Not really youth just voicing an opinion to Sid's question.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Too late Fats ... THEY are already here and infiltration is almost complete. Note number of Muslims employed by the Media as Newsreaders, Presenters, Journalists, Councillors etc. A London Mayor and Home Secretary, all good jobs for getting your name before the public. Not many black people by comparison in the same jobs you will note. Frankly I'm bloody glad I'm now in my twilight years.
    Thanks for the contribution. Toddle Pip now, it’s dinner time at the Combat 18 Home for the Elderly.

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    She may have travelled as a naive ****ager to support an oppressive regime who have no qualms about killing innocent people in the name of religion. those innocent people include UK armed forces amongst others. Having experienced things most of us can only imagine her only regret seems to be her lack of strength to remain. I suggest we help her find the courage by denying her even the remotest possibility of returning to the UK.
    Incidentally I drove past the Armed forces rehabilitation hospital at Rempstone this morning, a facility costing millions in taxpayers money, a facility helping real victims. One penny of our money spent on this woman and her offspring would be rubbing salt in the wounds of the military personnel trying to re establish their lives.
    Great post

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Not really youth just voicing an opinion to Sid's question.

He likes to load the bullets, never fires the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by them0uf View Post
    Firstly, we have to allow her back as a British citizen. As soon as we start changing the law then we lose any moral high ground we claim to have.

To BFP's point, she may well have been brainwashed, but she is still completely lacking in remorse, and remains a supporter of the Caliphate. She comes back, she receives a fair trial under British law, and if she is found guilty (and she is condemned by her own words), then she is locked away forever, has her child removed and raised by an unattached family, so that it might get the benefits of living in our pluralist democracy.

We certainly don't pay for her to come back, just as we wouldn't pay for the repatriation of someone who has done something daft on holiday (how can we possibly treat her more generously). It might also be worth laying out the consequences of returning very clearly to her, namely that she is likely to be found guilty of the equivalent of treason and must expect the full force of the law in that regard. Maybe she'll change her mind and commit herself further to the sh!thole she has supported over the last few years; a sh1thole that cannot deliver even the basics of human survival and discipline and cannot prevent her previous babies from dying.

Can’t disagree with much of that. The only thing is if you’re implying she might suffer the death penalty for treason she wouldn’t because we don’t have it any more.

I don’t really feel that strongly about this woman one way t’other tbh. What greases my wheels is the way stories like this are used as dog whistles for racist chumps. They’ll be on the streets again this weekend wasting police time, absolutely guaranteed.

I think someone who has probably been brainwashed from quite an early age and runs away to do something stupid at the age of 15 is possibly deserving of a little sympathy.

There’s many who are protesting that she shouldn’t be allowed back would happily say she and other people of her colour shouldn’t have been here in the first place. Not you though eh Tricky?
    Forgive me if I'm wrong oh wise fat head. But was she/was she not, born in this country?
    She turned her back on it and ran off to join a violent and perverse caliphate, rejecting every right she previously had.
    Born British, but only seems to want to be one, when it suits.
    You really are the ultimate apologist, you know that?

Can’t disagree with much of that. The only thing is if you’re implying she might suffer the death penalty for treason she wouldn’t because we don’t have it any more.

I don’t really feel that strongly about this woman one way t’other tbh. What greases my wheels is the way stories like this are used as dog whistles for racist chumps. They’ll be on the streets again this weekend wasting police time, absolutely guaranteed.
    Agree we don't have it anymore - life with no parole was what I was referring to. Agree your second para. Isn't it wonderful how many of the 'proud to be British' brigade are readily prepared to set aside one of the things about Britain which is envied throughout the world - our laws.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast