+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: O/T Question Time

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The brighter ones will realise they voted the wrong way, the dimmer ones will burst into tears.

There is very little they can do, I'm afraid it's up to the Tories now.
    I will be one of those in tears but they will be for the end of Democracy in our country, why would anyone ever bother to vote on anything again if you know that the "ruling classes" will do what they like anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... it is said that governments lose elections rather than an opposition winning one. I would sooner see the puppet Corbyn and his commie barstards enter No. 10 and completely f-up, as they surely would, allowing a proper centre-right party back in. Come back Nigel.
    I think we've found some common ground on that one then, except the last bit. I can't quite see Nige as centre right.

And last I heard, he was both dead and dead ...

Not quite like Schrodinger’s Cat, so the thinking goes, Mr Farage now exists in two simultaneous states: dead and dead. If we’ve Voted Leave, Ukip are over. If we’ve voted Remain, Ukip are over.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7098551.html

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    So for instance at the next general election you don't think they will have their say and they will just roll over and accept it?
    So how do they have their say at the next election? There would probably be an anti-Tory backlash, but then who do you vote for? Labour don't look ready to govern, LibDems are still in the recovery stage, and UKIP are finished (whatever Tricky might think). The time is ripe for a new party to enter the arena, but I doubt they would gain mass support by the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I will be one of those in tears but they will be for the end of Democracy in our country, why would anyone ever bother to vote on anything again if you know that the "ruling classes" will do what they like anyway?
    The thing is, if you really want democracy then surely the most fitting way to democratically represent a 52/48 split would be a very soft Brexit, but neither side seem to want that.

So how do they have their say at the next election? There would probably be an anti-Tory backlash, but then who do you vote for? Labour don't look ready to govern, LibDems are still in the recovery stage, and UKIP are finished (whatever Tricky might think). The time is ripe for a new party to enter the arena, but I doubt they would gain mass support by the next election.
    You're missing my point EP. 17.2 M voters are pissed off.
    They are likely to vote SNP rather than the clowns of Conservative or Labour.
    As I said, democracy can be a bitch in the wrong hands.

Labour may not be ready to govern but they can't be any worse than what we have. They might even be more willing to implement Brexit, because Corbyn sure as Hell likes the idea. I'm sure there will be an insignificant little rebellion by the look at me brigade and the Party from Hell may well be formed. Chucky Omoaner and that awful Soubry woman will be prime candidates, along with Dale Winton lookalike Chris Leslie and Clegg.

In past times, a breakaway has been enough to wreck Labour and ensure Tory rule for what seemed like an eternity, but now if May welches on Brexit, the electorate will never forgive her and either there will be a split off to the right from them or UKIP will rise from its grave.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 09-07-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You're missing my point EP. 17.2 M voters are pissed off.
    Wrong. I would guess that nearly all of the 33,551,983 who cast a Brexit vote are pissed off.

I doubt anybody voted to land this country in the sh!theap it now finds itself in.

There is no result yet.
    Nobody said there was a result yet.

Hmmm interesting times ahead me thinks. If what is happening in the rest of Europe and America is anything to go by when politicians don't listen to the electorate a lurch to the right often occurs.

Hmmm interesting times ahead me thinks. If what is happening in the rest of Europe and America is anything to go by when politicians don't listen to the electorate a lurch to the right often occurs.
    Macron came from nowhere to defeat the right in France, but I think we are too entrenched in two-party politics over here for that to happen by the next general election.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast