+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Scotland was lied too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie80 View Post
    So if you don't support independence you are a despicable person ? It must be terrible living in amongst all these despicable people.

And it's not the butchers apron, it's the Union flag which is a beautiful thing
    Naw I was referring in particular to I'm alright Jack from Money thief a most particular obnoxious type of Britnat had he lived 300 years ago would have been first in line to sell his country out.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Forget drugs Its selfish @rseholes like yourself Paddy that are the real threat to Scotland's kids. Scotland's shame.
    Wee stuarties turning into the resident roaster

Naw I was referring in particular to I'm alright Jack from Money thief a most particular obnoxious type of Britnat had he lived 300 years ago would have been first in line to sell his country out.
    Blah blah phuckin blah.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Why do you talk Scotland down?

I have a great life and have never considered myself to be looking in at anything.
    Why do I talk Scotland down... hmm... It isn't a case of talking anything down, it is simply the truth. When you are 10% of something, and the other 90% don't agree, then you are screwed. Scotland has no voice. Her 56 MP's have no influence over anything and may as well not bother turning up. I have lived in England now for 30 years. The picture painted of the English by some nationalists is small-minded petty jealousy and they all need a good slap, but that is another story... They have little or no animosity towards Scotland or the Scots and many are genuinely bemused that Scotland should ever want to leave - but make no mistake - Scotland is viewed as a benefactor of England's generosity - (not Britain's - although to many here England and Britain are the same...).
    I am sure your life is wonderful. My son also has a wonderful life - he's 17 and in 6th form at school. He pays no rent, has a part-time job earning a few hundred a month, and gets a hundred pocket money as well. He gets his holidays paid for and when away with us gets his meals and trips all paid for. He contributes nothing to the household and is permanently subsidised. He will probably be gone in a year or two. We would rather he stayed but understand why he will wish to leave - although we do expect to subsidise him even after he has gone...
    I love Scotland - am forever telling everyone how wonderful (most of) it is, and I would not wish my compatriots to suffer any kind of financial hardship - but I would be willing to take a bit of a hit to exchange Scotland's current perceived dependency for some pride.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    Why do I talk Scotland down... hmm... It isn't a case of talking anything down, it is simply the truth. When you are 10% of something, and the other 90% don't agree, then you are screwed. Scotland has no voice. Her 56 MP's have no influence over anything and may as well not bother turning up. I have lived in England now for 30 years. The picture painted of the English by some nationalists is small-minded petty jealousy and they all need a good slap, but that is another story... They have little or no animosity towards Scotland or the Scots and many are genuinely bemused that Scotland should ever want to leave - but make no mistake - Scotland is viewed as a benefactor of England's generosity - (not Britain's - although to many here England and Britain are the same...).
    I am sure your life is wonderful. My son also has a wonderful life - he's 17 and in 6th form at school. He pays no rent, has a part-time job earning a few hundred a month, and gets a hundred pocket money as well. He gets his holidays paid for and when away with us gets his meals and trips all paid for. He contributes nothing to the household and is permanently subsidised. He will probably be gone in a year or two. We would rather he stayed but understand why he will wish to leave - although we do expect to subsidise him even after he has gone...
    I love Scotland - am forever telling everyone how wonderful (most of) it is, and I would not wish my compatriots to suffer any kind of financial hardship - but I would be willing to take a bit of a hit to exchange Scotland's current perceived dependency for some pride.
    Voting an SNP MP into Westminster is a wasted vote as they have no influence and can't make a difference for Scotland.

Voting 56 Labour or God forbid 56 Tories MPs, would.

Voting an SNP MP into Westminster is a wasted vote as they have no influence and can't make a difference for Scotland.

I would not care to comment on how much influence the Scottish 'branches' of the big two parties have on their greater membership, but I can say with some certainty that anything that is detrimental in any way to England would not fly regardless of which party put it forward...

You and your no voting ilk have probably condemned us to 20 years Tory rule, But hey ho no worries to you paddy you'd rather have 100 years Tory rule than us rule ourselves. The SNP have done more for Scotland in the last 8 years than Labour have done in 50 !! Your a disgrace min !

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    I would not care to comment on how much influence the Scottish 'branches' of the big two parties have on their greater membership, but I can say with some certainty that anything that is detrimental in any way to England would not fly regardless of which party put it forward...
    You said the SNP had little influence at Westminster. I merely commented that sending labour or Tories MPs would be ensure Scotland was better represented.

if labour were in government they couldn't dismiss the views of 56 Scottish MPs, neither could the Tories.

You and your no voting ilk have probably condemned us to 20 years Tory rule, But hey ho no worries to you paddy you'd rather have 100 years Tory rule than us rule ourselves. The SNP have done more for Scotland in the last 8 years than Labour have done in 50 !! Your a disgrace min !
    Blah blah phuckin blah.

Scotland will become a normal, fairer, greener, richer independent European country that we're all proud to live and work in. And if that's Blah blah phuckin blah that's good enough for me, I and others are doing this all for you and you're family Paddy you can thank me further down the road.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)