+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Our youth system has failed us

CRAIG EASTON APPOINTED RESERVE TEAM MANAGER.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...M-MANAGER.html

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    CRAIG EASTON APPOINTED RESERVE TEAM MANAGER.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...M-MANAGER.html
    Craig's a good lad,worked on a building site near St Andrews with him a few years back where he was labouring because he couldn't get work as a coach.

It's at the very least encouraging to see Martin etc instituting some real changes at the club and as long as they lead to improvement they'll benefit the club.

Fingers crossed Eastie can help our young kids make the transition from the youth game to the first team.

After all my rantings on this I'm delighted to see these changes announced today.Massive step in the right direction. I'll admit I wanted to see Davie Bowman step aside but good to see he now has a scouting role. I think he'll be a great asset in finding new players for us.
    Welcome Craig Easton, seems to have left a very good legacy at Raith, he's an Arab and will bring new drive passion and know how to the role, especially as he came through the youth system himself.
    Great news all round. FTD

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    After all my rantings on this I'm delighted to see these changes announced today.Massive step in the right direction. I'll admit I wanted to see Davie Bowman step aside but good to see he now has a scouting role. I think he'll be a great asset in finding new players for us.
    Welcome Craig Easton, seems to have left a very good legacy at Raith, he's an Arab and will bring new drive passion and know how to the role, especially as he came through the youth system himself.
    Great news all round. FTD
    He is an Airdrie fan but and arab too. I am liking the changes. Dont get the hate Bowman he must go thoughts on twitter but with the reserve league we needed someone ambitious. Scott Robertson arriving next week in some capacity too.

Luggy in charge of scouting is fantastic.

Calculated change is great to see - it may or may not work but is at least strategic and not reactive. Like the last 4 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    He is an Airdrie fan but and arab too. I am liking the changes. Dont get the hate Bowman he must go thoughts on twitter but with the reserve league we needed someone ambitious. Scott Robertson arriving next week in some capacity too.

Luggy in charge of scouting is fantastic.

Calculated change is great to see - it may or may not work but is at least strategic and not reactive. Like the last 4 years or so.
    Don't think Scott Robertson is coming mate,the FUN are thinking of tabling a £500k bid to get him back 😂 remember that ain🤣 oh mi hoorin sides😂

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Don't think Scott Robertson is coming mate,the FUN are thinking of tabling a £500k bid to get him back 😂 remember that ain🤣 oh mi hoorin sides😂
    That was brilliant! If only we bookmarked that **** - but hey ho we got lifes to live outside mad forums.

Haha it got me thinking of a dream i once had about a super stadium in Camperdown and monorails and stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    That was brilliant! If only we bookmarked that **** - but hey ho we got lifes to live outside mad forums.

Haha it got me thinking of a dream i once had about a super stadium in Camperdown and monorails and stuff too.
    Eh remember going to the Dens Park doags.....bet on trap 6 all night....won fk all😂

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We currently have, barring injury, two players who have came through our youth set-up as first choice. Robson and Fraser. Five of our first team squad are such players also: adding Ballantyne, Allardice, and M Smith.

This is nowhere near failure IMHO.
    I said our youth system has failed us.
    You argued against it on this thread, "cyclical" etc I think you said. So the club come out and make the necessary changes, which would at least seem to suggest MM felt the same, but you fail to post anything about it??

All I've said is that we have had youth players, even in the last couple of years, in the team almost constantly. So I think the thread title is hyperbole.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)